IDL vs ifdef

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Hi folks,

I'm currently in process of making the media stuff optional.
(dont need/want it within mail client).

Unfortunately, it idl files are referenced by lot of others.
Just adding some #ifdef's around these places doesn't work.

Any idea to achieve this ?

thx.
--mtx

Re: IDL vs ifdef

Joshua Cranmer 🐧
On 7/21/2017 10:17 PM, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> I'm currently in process of making the media stuff optional.
> (dont need/want it within mail client).
>
> Unfortunately, it idl files are referenced by lot of others.
> Just adding some #ifdef's around these places doesn't work.
>
> Any idea to achieve this ?

You're asking in the wrong place--this is a mozilla-central question, so
you'll need to ask in m.d.platform to get any decent answer, and you're
probably asking the wrong question.

If you really want to excise anything that works with the media code,
you'll have to take a massive chainsaw to lots of files in the HTML
parser, the DOM library, probably the build system. Probably some other
cross-process communication stuff that's splayed across several
directories. If you just want to disable the use of the various media
backends, you could probably trick the build system into setting flags
to disable any of the audio and video backends.

If you want a better answer, please don't ask us but ask those who might
actually know the answer.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer