IBM test cases pushed to mozilla.org

Aaron Leventhal-3
Hello,

Our test group has provided their testcase documents for all to use.
Feedback/changes are welcome.
http://www.mozilla.org/access/qa/testcases

Also, is there a better place to publish these? Perhaps we need a
testcase wiki?

The minimal testcase files are just a start from some files I've kept on
my system over the years. It would be nice to have a non-wiki repository
for those as well. It doesn't make sense to put them on a wiki since any
"edit this" links or other wiki content would affect the testcase.

- Aaron

Re: IBM test cases pushed to mozilla.org

Boris Zbarsky
Aaron Leventhal wrote:
> Also, is there a better place to publish these? Perhaps we need a
> testcase wiki?

What about just checking them into the tree?

-Boris

Re: IBM test cases pushed to mozilla.org

Aaron Leventhal-3
A lot of QA folks don't have CVS access or even know how to use CVS.

Ultimately I'd rather there be some kind of markup repository for QA
folks and developers.

Examples of CSS, JS, HTML, XUL, SVG, whatever

- Aaron

Aaron Leventhal wrote:
> A lot of QA folks don't have CVS access or even know how to use CVS.

That's a problem with the website too, right?

> Ultimately I'd rather there be some kind of markup repository for QA
> folks and developers.

Sure, but then we need some good discoverability.  What I want is the following:
  when I edit a source file I want to know what all the relevant tests are so I
can run them.

-Boris

Re: IBM test cases pushed to mozilla.org

Aaron Leventhal-3
Agreed & agreed. Now how do we get someone to move it forward? :)

- Aaron

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Aaron Leventhal wrote:
>> A lot of QA folks don't have CVS access or even know how to use CVS.
>
> That's a problem with the website too, right?
>
>> Ultimately I'd rather there be some kind of markup repository for QA
>> folks and developers.
>
> Sure, but then we need some good discoverability.  What I want is the
> following:  when I edit a source file I want to know what all the
> relevant tests are so I can run them.
>
> -Boris

Re: IBM test cases pushed to mozilla.org

Martijn-4
I guess I would be the person to do this, as I'm getting hired by
Mozilla (which I'm very excited about) as a test person.
I more or less promised this already at Boris' blog:
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/bz/archives/2005_12.html
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mt/comment.cgi?entry_id=9350
But I didn't really do anything with it yet (/me feeling a bit guilty).
Mainly because I don't know what/how/ to do it.
I'll probably be at Mozilla's headquarters for next week and the week
after that.
I hope I can make some progress with that in that period.

Regards,
Martijn