I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

Ray_Net
I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc
Because I have not seen where I can have TWO differents signatures when
using SeaMonkey.
A "Private" signature in plain-text and a "Professionnal" signature in
HTML format.

The question is: Where can I download Thunderbird ? The Stable,
Supported from the Official site ...because I have seen with a Google
research that it exist more than one download site.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

Big Al-3
On 3/27/19 2:14 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
> I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc
> Because I have not seen where I can have TWO differents signatures when
> using SeaMonkey.
> A "Private" signature in plain-text and a "Professionnal" signature in
> HTML format.
>
> The question is: Where can I download Thunderbird ? The Stable,
> Supported from the Official site ...because I have seen with a Google
> research that it exist more than one download site.

I'm not sure why google didn't give you a valid link.  And there is only
one Thunderbird site.  It was the first hit on my Google.
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Al
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

šŸ˜‰ Good Guy šŸ˜‰
On 27/03/2019 12:18, Big Al wrote:
>
> I'm not sure why google didn't give you a valid link.

Because he didn't try.  He's got suckers like you spoon feeding
everything when you should teach them to be "independent" or "self
sufficient".




--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

Ray_Net
šŸ˜‰ Good Guy šŸ˜‰ wrote on 27-03-19 14:21:
> On 27/03/2019 12:18, Big Al wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure why google didn't give you a valid link.
>
> Because he didn't try.Ā  He's got suckers like you spoon feeding
> everything when you should teach them to be "independent" or "self
> sufficient".
>
>
Saying that, you are not a "good guy" ......

YES IĀ  tried and this is the first link I got:
https://mozilla-thunderbird.en.softonic.com/download
and the second was:
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

SO WHAT ?

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

šŸ˜‰ Good Guy šŸ˜‰
On 27/03/2019 16:58, Ray_Net wrote:
>
>
> SO WHAT ?
>

It means your brain is corrupted.  did you try to format it?
Alternatively, did you search for a good brain surgeon who could repair it?



--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

Big Al-3
In reply to this post by Ray_Net
On 3/27/19 12:58 PM, Ray_Net wrote:

> šŸ˜‰ Good Guy šŸ˜‰ wrote on 27-03-19 14:21:
>> On 27/03/2019 12:18, Big Al wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure why google didn't give you a valid link.
>>
>> Because he didn't try.Ā  He's got suckers like you spoon feeding
>> everything when you should teach them to be "independent" or "self
>> sufficient".
>>
>>
> Saying that, you are not a "good guy" ......
>
> YES IĀ  tried and this is the first link I got:
> https://mozilla-thunderbird.en.softonic.com/download
> and the second was:
> https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
>
> SO WHAT ?
>
Just take Good Guy with a grain of salt, he has a tendency to be on the
sarcastic/nasty side.  Not quite as tolerant as others.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

Ray_Net
Big Al wrote on 27-03-19 19:46:

> On 3/27/19 12:58 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>> šŸ˜‰ Good Guy šŸ˜‰ wrote on 27-03-19 14:21:
>>> On 27/03/2019 12:18, Big Al wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I'm not sure why google didn't give you a valid link.
>>>
>>> Because he didn't try.Ā  He's got suckers like you spoon feeding
>>> everything when you should teach them to be "independent" or "self
>>> sufficient".
>>>
>>>
>> Saying that, you are not a "good guy" ......
>>
>> YES IĀ  tried and this is the first link I got:
>> https://mozilla-thunderbird.en.softonic.com/download
>> and the second was:
>> https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
>>
>> SO WHAT ?
>>
> Just take Good Guy with a grain of salt, he has a tendency to be on
> the sarcastic/nasty side.Ā  Not quite as tolerant as others.
Thank you ... The best thing I will do is creating a filter to redirect
their posts to junk.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

David E. Ross-3
In reply to this post by Ray_Net
On 3/26/2019 11:14 PM, Ray_Net wrote:

> I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc
> Because I have not seen where I can have TWO differents signatures when
> using SeaMonkey.
> A "Private" signature in plain-text and a "Professionnal" signature in
> HTML format.
>
> The question is: Where can I download Thunderbird ? The Stable,
> Supported from the Official site ...because I have seen with a Google
> research that it exist more than one download site.
>

Have you considered the Signature Switch extension?  It allows you to
designate a specific signature as a default, but also gives you a
toolbar button to switch to alternative signatures.

However, I am not sure if there is a version that works with the latest
version of Thunderbird.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Why did Donald Trump demand that Hillary Clinton be locked up
in jail?  Because she used a non-government E-mail server for
government
business.

Now Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump -- Trump's son-in-law and
daughter -- are using non-government E-mail servers for
government business, an excellent example of hypocrisy.

Lock up Jared and Ivanka!!
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[edit as new and support-news-group] Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

Ray_Net
David E. Ross wrote on 28-03-19 03:05:

> On 3/26/2019 11:14 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>> I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc
>> Because I have not seen where I can have TWO differents signatures when
>> using SeaMonkey.
>> A "Private" signature in plain-text and a "Professionnal" signature in
>> HTML format.
>>
>> The question is: Where can I download Thunderbird ? The Stable,
>> Supported from the Official site ...because I have seen with a Google
>> research that it exist more than one download site.
>>
> Have you considered the Signature Switch extension?  It allows you to
> designate a specific signature as a default, but also gives you a
> toolbar button to switch to alternative signatures.
>
> However, I am not sure if there is a version that works with the latest
> version of Thunderbird.
>
That's a part of my decision tu use Thunderbird without any add-on.

I have now two questions when I readed this text:
------------
While Thunderbird is now an independent project separate from Mozilla,
------------
Question 1: Where can I find a newsgroup server to be able to subscribe
per example to server.support.thunderbird. ?
Question 2: Is it possible to select a mail from the input, the sent or
another folder and then do: "EDIT AS NEW" ?
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [edit as new and support-news-group] Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

WaltS48-9
On 3/29/19 10:10 AM, Ray_Net wrote:

> David E. Ross wrote on 28-03-19 03:05:
>> On 3/26/2019 11:14 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>>> I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc
>>> Because I have not seen where I can have TWO differents signatures when
>>> using SeaMonkey.
>>> A "Private" signature in plain-text and a "Professionnal" signature in
>>> HTML format.
>>>
>>> The question is: Where can I download Thunderbird ? The Stable,
>>> Supported from the Official site ...because I have seen with a Google
>>> research that it exist more than one download site.
>>>
>> Have you considered the Signature Switch extension?Ā  It allows you to
>> designate a specific signature as a default, but also gives you a
>> toolbar button to switch to alternative signatures.
>>
>> However, I am not sure if there is a version that works with the latest
>> version of Thunderbird.
>>
> That's a part of my decision tu use Thunderbird without any add-on.
>
> I have now two questions when I readed this text:
> ------------
> While Thunderbird is now an independent project separate from Mozilla,
> ------------
> Question 1: Where can I find a newsgroup server to be able to subscribe
> per example to server.support.thunderbird. ?

You are using it. Subscribe to the mozilla.support.thunderbird newsgroup
after creating a news.mozilla.org account.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/creating-newsgroup-account>

> Question 2: Is it possible to select a mail from the input, the sent or
> another folder and then do: "EDIT AS NEW" ?

Yes.

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

Hartmut Figge
In reply to this post by Ray_Net
Ray_Net:

>I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc
>Because I have not seen where I can have TWO differents signatures when
>using SeaMonkey.
>A "Private" signature in plain-text and a "Professionnal" signature in
>HTML format.

Just coming to this thread, having read the previous answers, I'm
scratching my head. Why not simple use a different identity for that? It
would be even possible in that identity to default to HTML.

Hartmut
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

Hartmut Figge
Hartmut Figge:

>Ray_Net:
>
>>I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc
>>Because I have not seen where I can have TWO differents signatures when
>>using SeaMonkey.
>>A "Private" signature in plain-text and a "Professionnal" signature in
>>HTML format.
>
>Just coming to this thread, having read the previous answers, I'm
>scratching my head. Why not simple use a different identity for that? It
>would be even possible in that identity to default to HTML.

Well, scrap that. Because 'plain text in body' and 'HTML in sig'. Sorry.

Hartmut
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc

Ray_Net
Hartmut Figge wrote on 29-03-19 20:11:

> Hartmut Figge:
>> Ray_Net:
>>
>>> I think that I need to install thunderbird on my pc
>>> Because I have not seen where I can have TWO differents signatures when
>>> using SeaMonkey.
>>> A "Private" signature in plain-text and a "Professionnal" signature in
>>> HTML format.
>> Just coming to this thread, having read the previous answers, I'm
>> scratching my head. Why not simple use a different identity for that? It
>> would be even possible in that identity to default to HTML.
> Well, scrap that. Because 'plain text in body' and 'HTML in sig'. Sorry.
>
> Hartmut
I will not scrap this because I have Compose Messages in HTML format.
You have a great idea !
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general