I'm new to news groups, how do I search without downloading?

I'm new to news groups, how do I search without downloading?

David Reagan
Hey All,

I'm new to news groups. Is it possible to search a news groups messages
from the past year without downloading all the messages from the past
year to my laptop?

This would be from within Thunderbird.

Or is the best search option the Google Groups mirror at
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird ?

Thanks!

- David
https://davidreagan.net

Re: I'm new to news groups, how do I search without downloading?

Ron K.-2
On 4/20/2018 2:57 PM, David Reagan wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I'm new to news groups. Is it possible to search a news groups messages
> from the past year without downloading all the messages from the past
> year to my laptop?
>
> This would be from within Thunderbird.
>
> Or is the best search option the Google Groups mirror at
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - David
> https://davidreagan.net

Since Google is one of the servers which offers server side searching it
will easier to do the search there. To do a local search one has to
download a lot of postings to have a deep coverage for coverage of the
dates of interest.

--
Ron K.