I'm an add-on dev but my Mozilla account no longer seems to exist

I'm an add-on dev but my Mozilla account no longer seems to exist

Mozilla - General mailing list
Hi,

I'm looking to be put in contact with somebody from (or on behalf of)
Mozilla who can help me resolve the following problem.

I'm the author of the (now very old add-on) "Open link in..."
[https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-link-in/] and I
would like to log in to manage this add-on.  I haven't logged in for years.

I know, with absolute certainty, which e-mail address I used for my old
login on dev.mozilla.org is, and indeed yesterday I received an
automated e-mail to that address from Mozilla Add-ons informing me that
somebody had left a review of my add-on.

However, upon clicking the "Reply to this review" link in that e-mail, I
get taken to https://accounts.firefox.com .  I can't log in with what I
think is my password, and when I try to reset my password and enter my
e-mail address, I get told "Unknown account. Sign up".

It seems that somehow my account has been deleted, perhaps because old
dev.mozilla.org accounts were not copied over to the "new"
accounts.firefox.com; and yet my add-on (and associated e-mail address)
is still alive.  I can't see any information anywhere on the Mozilla
website about who I might be able to contact to get this problem
resolved. (Perhaps it's a case of simply signing up to
accounts.firefox.com with that e-mail address, and it'll be
automatically associated to my add-on.  But I'd rather not take risk
that blindly until the idea has been confirmed by somebody.)

Cheers,
Anton Prowse

Re: I'm an add-on dev but my Mozilla account no longer seems to exist

WaltS48-5
On 8/22/17 3:35 AM, Anton P. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to be put in contact with somebody from (or on behalf of)
> Mozilla who can help me resolve the following problem.
>
> I'm the author of the (now very old add-on) "Open link in..."
> [https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-link-in/] and I
> would like to log in to manage this add-on.  I haven't logged in for years.
>
> I know, with absolute certainty, which e-mail address I used for my old
> login on dev.mozilla.org is, and indeed yesterday I received an
> automated e-mail to that address from Mozilla Add-ons informing me that
> somebody had left a review of my add-on.
>
> However, upon clicking the "Reply to this review" link in that e-mail, I
> get taken to https://accounts.firefox.com .  I can't log in with what I
> think is my password, and when I try to reset my password and enter my
> e-mail address, I get told "Unknown account. Sign up".
>
> It seems that somehow my account has been deleted, perhaps because old
> dev.mozilla.org accounts were not copied over to the "new"
> accounts.firefox.com; and yet my add-on (and associated e-mail address)
> is still alive.  I can't see any information anywhere on the Mozilla
> website about who I might be able to contact to get this problem
> resolved. (Perhaps it's a case of simply signing up to
> accounts.firefox.com with that e-mail address, and it'll be
> automatically associated to my add-on.  But I'd rather not take risk
> that blindly until the idea has been confirmed by somebody.)
>
> Cheers,
> Anton Prowse

I think you need to bring this up on Discourse.

<https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/add-ons>

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: I'm an add-on dev but my Mozilla account no longer seems to exist

Alexander Yudenitsch
Anton P. wrote, on 22 Aug 17 04:35:

> I'm the author of the (now very old add-on) "Open link in..."
> [https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-link-in/] and I
> would like to log in to manage this add-on.  I haven't logged in for years.
> Cheers,
> Anton Prowse

Hope you manage to get access!  I can't help on that, but just wanted to
let you know that I use your add-on in FireFox and SeaMonkey, and it's
always worked well and is a lot of help -- so, even if you don't port it
to the new extensions platform, I intend to keep using it on SeaMonkey,
since it should still work there.  Thanks!

--
Thanks beforehand for your attention, and I hope to hear from you soon.

s) Alexander Yudenitsch   <[hidden email]>