I'll miss you guys.

The Real Bev

--
Cheers, Bev
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there
     were no religion in it."                   - John Adams

Re: I'll miss you guys.

Mozilla - General mailing list
On 6/4/2018 6:47 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

Vaya con Dio.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally.  History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember.  -Albert Goldman

Re: I'll miss you guys.

Libor Striz
Martin Edwards <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:
> On 6/4/2018 6:47 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>
> Vaya con Dio.

Fair winds and following seas and long may your big jib draw!

Religion is not opium of the masses. Everyday life is such opium.
Religion, acknowledging death
and challenging  our life style
is an attempt to wake up.

--
Libor Striz

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Re: I'll miss you guys.

Bob Henson
On 04/06/2018 6.47 am, The Real Bev wrote:

The current inhabitants of the group could just adopt an empty Usenet
group and carry on as though nothing had happened. There are loads of
them with nothing in them.

--
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Duct tape can't fix stupidity - but it can muffle the sound.

Re: I'll miss you guys.

GerardJan-8
Libor Striz wrote:

> Martin Edwards <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:
>> On 6/4/2018 6:47 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>
>> Vaya con Dio.
>>
> Fair winds and following seas and long may your big jib draw!
>
> Religion is not opium of the masses. Everyday life is such opium.
> Religion, acknowledging death
> and challenging  our life style
> is an attempt to wake up.

¡ You have right (or not) ! ;-)

--
[gerardjan@localhost ~]$ fortune
Snoopy: No problem is so big that it can't be run away from.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: I'll miss you guys.

GerardJan-8

--
[gerardjan@localhost ~]$ fortune
Snoopy: No problem is so big that it can't be run away from.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: I'll miss you guys.

caver1-5
On 06/04/2018 01:47 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

+100

--
Caver1

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.
  -- Voltaire

Re: I'll miss you guys.

WaltS48-9
On 6/4/18 1:47 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

Same here, but don't go away yet.

The person that the bug is assigned to left Mozilla in February 2018.

<https://blog.gerv.net/2018/02/going-home/>

It appears he stopped reading bug mail in 2015. None of the bugs
assigned to him for that product and component have seen any progress.

We shall see.

--
GO GOLDEN KNIGHTS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: I'll miss you guys.

dillinger-2
On 6/4/18 10:39 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 04/06/2018 6.47 am, The Real Bev wrote:
>>

> The current inhabitants of the group could just adopt an empty Usenet
> group and carry on as though nothing had happened. There are loads of
> them with nothing in them.

alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.

Re: I'll miss you guys.

caver1-5
On 06/04/2018 12:05 PM, dillinger wrote:

> On 6/4/18 10:39 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
>> On 04/06/2018 6.47 am, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>

>> The current inhabitants of the group could just adopt an empty Usenet
>> group and carry on as though nothing had happened. There are loads of
>> them with nothing in them.
>>

> alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.

Also over flowing with crap.

--
Caver1

Re: I'll miss you guys.

Joy Beeson
On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 12:44:50 -0400, Caver1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/04/2018 12:05 PM, dillinger wrote:
> > On 6/4/18 10:39 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
> >> On 04/06/2018 6.47 am, The Real Bev wrote:
> >>>

> >> The current inhabitants of the group could just adopt an empty Usenet
> >> group and carry on as though nothing had happened. There are loads of
> >> them with nothing in them.
> >>

> > alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.
>
> Also over flowing with crap.

I just downloaded all headers.  Only twenty messages, the latest was
in April, and three dated 1/29/10 were legitimate.  Fourteen have
all-caps subject lines that are easy to skip.  The remaining three are
all from last year, and two of them have subject lines that start
"Vehicle Advertising".

So alt.fan.mozilla looks like a safe place to move to -- but I'm glad
that the next thread says that we don't have to.

Perhaps we should put in the FAQ that alt.fan.mozilla is our emergency
rendezvous.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

On 6/4/2018 8:14 AM, Libor Striz wrote:

> Martin Edwards <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:
>> On 6/4/2018 6:47 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>
>> Vaya con Dio.
>>
> Fair winds and following seas and long may your big jib draw!
>
> Religion is not opium of the masses. Everyday life is such opium.
> Religion, acknowledging death
> and challenging  our life style
> is an attempt to wake up.

Actually I'm an unbeliever.  That was just a bit of whimsy.

On 05/06/2018 1.19 am, Joy Beeson wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 12:44:50 -0400, Caver1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.
>>
>> Also over flowing with crap.
>
> I just downloaded all headers.  Only twenty messages, the latest was
> in April, and three dated 1/29/10 were legitimate.  Fourteen have
> all-caps subject lines that are easy to skip.  The remaining three are
> all from last year, and two of them have subject lines that start
> "Vehicle Advertising".
>
> So alt.fan.mozilla looks like a safe place to move to -- but I'm glad
> that the next thread says that we don't have to.
>
> Perhaps we should put in the FAQ that alt.fan.mozilla is our emergency
> rendezvous.

I've added it to my list just in case. It would be handy to have a
"chat" group that can't be moderated to death anyway. If no-one else
uses it, it's cost me nothing anyway. I don't post lots in "m.general"
but I read it all.

--
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Sign on a Maternity Ward Door: Push. PUSH! PUUUUUUSH!

Re: I'll miss you guys.

Wolf K.
On 2018-06-04 20:19, Joy Beeson wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 12:44:50 -0400, Caver1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.
>>
>> Also over flowing with crap.
>
> I just downloaded all headers.  Only twenty messages, the latest was
> in April, and three dated 1/29/10 were legitimate.  Fourteen have
> all-caps subject lines that are easy to skip.  The remaining three are
> all from last year, and two of them have subject lines that start
> "Vehicle Advertising".
>
> So alt.fan.mozilla looks like a safe place to move to -- but I'm glad
> that the next thread says that we don't have to.
>
> Perhaps we should put in the FAQ that alt.fan.mozilla is our emergency
> rendezvous.

Good points.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

Re: I'll miss you guys.

WaltS48-9
On 6/4/18 12:05 PM, dillinger wrote:

> On 6/4/18 10:39 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
>> On 04/06/2018 6.47 am, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>

>> The current inhabitants of the group could just adopt an empty Usenet
>> group and carry on as though nothing had happened. There are loads of
>> them with nothing in them.
>>

> alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.

WOW! That group is not monitored, not moderated and is a sewer.

That ALL CAPS spam looks familiar and I only downloaded 200 messages.

--
GO GOLDEN KNIGHTS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: I'll miss you guys.

EnDeeGee
On 05-Jun-2018 09:33, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 6/4/18 12:05 PM, dillinger wrote:
>> On 6/4/18 10:39 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
>>> On 04/06/2018 6.47 am, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>>

>>> The current inhabitants of the group could just adopt an empty Usenet
>>> group and carry on as though nothing had happened. There are loads of
>>> them with nothing in them.
>>>

>> alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.
>
> WOW! That group is not monitored, not moderated and is a sewer.
>
> That ALL CAPS spam looks familiar and I only downloaded 200 messages.

Exactly and it has nothing to do with mozilla.org
Whom ever suggested that group must like garbage. :-(

Re: I'll miss you guys.

The Real Bev
On 06/05/2018 06:33 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 6/4/18 12:05 PM, dillinger wrote:
>> On 6/4/18 10:39 AM, Bob Henson wrote:
>>> On 04/06/2018 6.47 am, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>
>>> The current inhabitants of the group could just adopt an empty Usenet
>>> group and carry on as though nothing had happened. There are loads of
>>> them with nothing in them.
>>
>> alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.
>
> WOW! That group is not monitored, not moderated and is a sewer.
>
> That ALL CAPS spam looks familiar and I only downloaded 200 messages.

I downloaded 'everything' -- maybe only 50 that hadn't timed out at
eternal-september.  It's clearly not used for anything, so it's OURS!!!!

At least the cheesy on-line dating thing that was posted in one of the
.consumer groups hasn't discovered it.  Yet.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can

Re: I'll miss you guys.

The Real Bev
On 06/05/2018 06:54 AM, EnDeeGee wrote:

> On 05-Jun-2018 09:33, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.
>>
>> WOW! That group is not monitored, not moderated and is a sewer.
>>
>> That ALL CAPS spam looks familiar and I only downloaded 200 messages.
>
> Exactly and it has nothing to do with mozilla.org
> Whom ever suggested that group must like garbage. :-(

Most timed out and old.  Nearly unused recently.  A good choice, at
least for a while.

On 06/04/2018 08:19 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 12:44:50 -0400, Caver1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> alt.fan.mozilla is quite "undead" these days.
>>
>> Also over flowing with crap.
>
> I just downloaded all headers.  Only twenty messages, the latest was
> in April, and three dated 1/29/10 were legitimate.  Fourteen have
> all-caps subject lines that are easy to skip.  The remaining three are
> all from last year, and two of them have subject lines that start
> "Vehicle Advertising".
>
> So alt.fan.mozilla looks like a safe place to move to -- but I'm glad
> that the next thread says that we don't have to.
>
> Perhaps we should put in the FAQ that alt.fan.mozilla is our emergency
> rendezvous.

3 were legitimate. Sounds like good odds.

--
Caver1

Re: I'll miss you guys.

caver1-5
On 06/05/2018 03:23 AM, Bob Henson wrote:

> On 05/06/2018 1.19 am, Joy Beeson wrote:

>>> Also over flowing with crap.
>>
>> I just downloaded all headers.  Only twenty messages, the latest was
>> in April, and three dated 1/29/10 were legitimate.  Fourteen have
>> all-caps subject lines that are easy to skip.  The remaining three are
>> all from last year, and two of them have subject lines that start
>> "Vehicle Advertising".
>>
>> So alt.fan.mozilla looks like a safe place to move to -- but I'm glad
>> that the next thread says that we don't have to.
>>
>> Perhaps we should put in the FAQ that alt.fan.mozilla is our emergency
>> rendezvous.
>>

> I've added it to my list just in case. It would be handy to have a
> "chat" group that can't be moderated to death anyway. If no-one else
> uses it, it's cost me nothing anyway. I don't post lots in "m.general"
> but I read it all.

Most of it here is interesting. There is only one in this group have I
filtered out because of nonsense posts.(GertJan) I have found that in
some of the support groups there are several that I have filtered out.
This is almost like being at a party. :)

--
Caver1