I guess if Apple can do it, MS can too

F1Com
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/mozilla-and-google-accuse-microsoft-of-unfair-browser-competition/4995?tag=nl.e539

Terry

Re: I guess if Apple can do it, MS can too

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
with on 5/10/2012 12:06 PM:
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/mozilla-and-google-accuse-microsoft-of-unfair-browser-competition/4995?tag=nl.e539

REF:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57431236-92/microsoft-bans-firefox-on-arm-based-windows-mozilla-says/

[excerpt quote="
Microsoft Deputy General Counsel David Heiner told Mozilla it won't
permit other browsers for two reasons, Anderson said ...

... *Windows RT* -- the version of *Windows 8* geared for ARM devices --
"isn't *Windows* anymore."
" \]
{emphasis mine}

ah, the ol' tried and true, "oral sex" isn't sex defense, I see.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: I guess if Apple can do it, MS can too

Ron Hunter
On 5/10/2012 5:03 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
> with on 5/10/2012 12:06 PM:
>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/mozilla-and-google-accuse-microsoft-of-unfair-browser-competition/4995?tag=nl.e539
>>
> REF:
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57431236-92/microsoft-bans-firefox-on-arm-based-windows-mozilla-says/
>

> [excerpt quote="
> Microsoft Deputy General Counsel David Heiner told Mozilla it won't
> permit other browsers for two reasons, Anderson said ...
>
> ... *Windows RT* -- the version of *Windows 8* geared for ARM devices --
> "isn't *Windows* anymore."
> " \]
> {emphasis mine}
>
> ah, the ol' tried and true, "oral sex" isn't sex defense, I see.

Well, Windows 8 ISN'T Windows any more.  That's for sure.

Re: I guess if Apple can do it, MS can too

Tarkus-3
On 5/10/2012 5:54 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 5/10/2012 5:03 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
>> with on 5/10/2012 12:06 PM:
>>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/mozilla-and-google-accuse-microsoft-of-unfair-browser-competition/4995?tag=nl.e539
>>>
>> REF:
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57431236-92/microsoft-bans-firefox-on-arm-based-windows-mozilla-says/
>>
>> [excerpt quote="
>> Microsoft Deputy General Counsel David Heiner told Mozilla it won't
>> permit other browsers for two reasons, Anderson said ...
>>
>> ... *Windows RT* -- the version of *Windows 8* geared for ARM devices --
>> "isn't *Windows* anymore."
>> " \]
>> {emphasis mine}
>>
>> ah, the ol' tried and true, "oral sex" isn't sex defense, I see.
>>
> Well, Windows 8 ISN'T Windows any more.  That's for sure.

Sure it is.

Re: I guess if Apple can do it, MS can too

WaltS-3
On 05/10/2012 09:37 PM, Tarkus wrote:

> On 5/10/2012 5:54 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 5/10/2012 5:03 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
>>> with on 5/10/2012 12:06 PM:
>>>>

>>> REF:
>>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57431236-92/microsoft-bans-firefox-on-arm-based-windows-mozilla-says/
>>>

>>> [excerpt quote="
>>> Microsoft Deputy General Counsel David Heiner told Mozilla it won't
>>> permit other browsers for two reasons, Anderson said ...
>>>
>>> ... *Windows RT* -- the version of *Windows 8* geared for ARM devices --
>>> "isn't *Windows* anymore."
>>> " \]
>>> {emphasis mine}
>>>
>>> ah, the ol' tried and true, "oral sex" isn't sex defense, I see.
>>>
>> Well, Windows 8 ISN'T Windows any more.  That's for sure.
>
> Sure it is.

No, Windows for Workgroups did it right

--
Thunderbird (15.0a1) Daily | openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2
Love the Instant Messaging feature!

On 5/10/2012 8:37 PM, Tarkus wrote:

> On 5/10/2012 5:54 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 5/10/2012 5:03 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
>>> with on 5/10/2012 12:06 PM:
>>>>

>>> REF:
>>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57431236-92/microsoft-bans-firefox-on-arm-based-windows-mozilla-says/
>>>

>>> [excerpt quote="
>>> Microsoft Deputy General Counsel David Heiner told Mozilla it won't
>>> permit other browsers for two reasons, Anderson said ...
>>>
>>> ... *Windows RT* -- the version of *Windows 8* geared for ARM devices --
>>> "isn't *Windows* anymore."
>>> " \]
>>> {emphasis mine}
>>>
>>> ah, the ol' tried and true, "oral sex" isn't sex defense, I see.
>>>
>> Well, Windows 8 ISN'T Windows any more.  That's for sure.
>
> Sure it is.
In name only.

On 5/10/2012 7:03 PM, WLS wrote:

>> >  Sure it is.
> No, Windows for Workgroups did it right

Regardless, Windows 8 is indeed Windows.  Even though it comes with a
Metro interface, you don't have to use it.

On 5/11/2012 12:33 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 5/10/2012 8:37 PM, Tarkus wrote:

>>> Well, Windows 8 ISN'T Windows any more.  That's for sure.
>>
>> Sure it is.
> In name only.

And in function.  Have you installed it?  I have.  It's Windows, in far
more than just name only.