I am not a Mozilla Champion

Alex Beauroy
I am certainly not a Mozilla Champion
But I have been following the adventures from Netscape Communicator,
Netscape 6, Netscape 7, and now Moz 1.7.12 as a simple user.
I have tried FB, FF and TB, and even NS 8.
Is it still a bit early for just a user to try the Beta SeaMonkey
suite????? Are they risks or is it better to wait for the official
release???
Thanks in advance
Best Regards
And Merry Christmas to all
@lex

Re: I am not a Mozilla Champion

ovvldc
I can only speak for myself, but I find the beta builds to be very
stable. I dropped the 1.7 series when the builds were still in alpha,
and I haven't had serious problems. These days, beta means something
different than in the time of pre 1.0 mozilla builds - the basics
pretty much work.

Re: I am not a Mozilla Champion

Johannes Kastl
On 12/24/2005 1:39 PM [hidden email] wrote:

> I can only speak for myself, but I find the beta builds to be very
> stable.

If you (as I assume you do) talk of the 1.0b BRANCH, then FULL ACK.

> I dropped the 1.7 series when the builds were still in alpha, and I
> haven't had serious problems. These days, beta means something
> different than in the time of pre 1.0 mozilla builds - the basics
> pretty much work.

But nevertheless it is always a good idea to backup your profile
BEFORE updating or experimenting.

Also you might want to use a newer nightly than the beta, as there are
no changes except bugfixes in there.

OJ
--
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists
elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.