I Don't Get It

Alvin-12
Call me dense, but the more I look at XML, the more convoluted I find
it.  I've been programming for over thirty years and pretty much taught
myself HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, mostly by example.  XML, by
comparison, seems like a h*ll of a lot of work, and it isn't always
clear to me what one NEEDS and what is JUST NICE.

Somebody please take pity on me and explain why the ride's worth the
fare.  And I'll bet there'll be a lot of people looking over my
shoulder reading your reply.  Thank you.

Re: I Don't Get It

Myk Melez
Alvin wrote:

> Somebody please take pity on me and explain why the ride's worth the
> fare.  And I'll bet there'll be a lot of people looking over my
> shoulder reading your reply.  Thank you.

It's a good subject for discussion, but off-topic for this newsgroup,
which is specifically about using XML in Mozilla, not XML's merits or
demerits generally.

For the info you seek, see Tim Bray's summary of the pros and cons of
XML <http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/03/24/XMLisOK>.
Afterwards, for discussion of this topic, try a group like comp.text.xml
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.xml>.

-myk