Hyperlink not created in comments section

Hyperlink not created in comments section

gdipankar
Hi.

When I try to create a file link in "Comments" section, by typing "file://<file_path>", the link does not get created. It is shown as plain text.
But I am able to create hyperlinks using "http://<URL path>".
What do I need to do to create file links using "file://<file_path>" ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Hyperlink not created in comments section

Thorsten Schöning
Guten Tag gdipankar,
am Mittwoch, 16. April 2014 um 14:36 schrieben Sie:

> What do I need to do to create file links using "file://<file_path>" ?

There was a similar thread recently:

http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/lRMFneoUEn2z0zg9RFNV

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: Hyperlink not created in comments section

gdipankar
Hi.
I have found the solution which solves my purpose. Hope this helps somebody.
Bugzilla now, does not create auto-link for protocols which are not in its list of safe protocols.
Since I was trying to link a file, the 'file' protocol needs to be added to the list of safe protocols.
So, I added it to the list which is in the file 'Bugzilla/Constants.pm'.
Now, when I type 'file://<path to a file>', Bugzilla creates the auto-link.
(All this is done in the 'Comments' section).
Thank you.