How to use semicolon as the delimiter to separate email addresses

How to use semicolon as the delimiter to separate email addresses

Baker-6
Hi,

I'm using Bugzilla 2.19.2 and Outlook, when I use "Send Email to Bug
Owners" I notice the email addresses are separated by comma (the
default Outlook delimiter is semicolon), so can someone tell me how to
set the email address delimiter to semicolon?

Thanks a lot.
Baker

Re: How to use semicolon as the delimiter to separate email addresses

byron jones
> I'm using Bugzilla 2.19.2 and Outlook, when I use "Send Email to Bug
> Owners" I notice the email addresses are separated by comma (the
> default Outlook delimiter is semicolon), so can someone tell me how to
> set the email address delimiter to semicolon?

you can't but you can tell outlook to accept a comma as well as a semicolon
(every other email client uses a comma).

for outlook 2003:

  tools --> options
  e-mail options
  advanced e-mail options
  "allow comma as address separator"

-b

begin-base64 644 signature.gif
R0lGODlhbQAHAIAAAABPo////ywAAAAAbQAHAAACfAxuGAnch+Bibkn7FL1p
XgVl4Ig1jjlZRoqybgun2Cur5uOunq7u/Ipq7WIyIc7XG9JquEgumPzdlhTf
h0O83kDJaXEm8mRHwXKJy5sac7qYOpT+gtv0n+0ujQOfdqh16caWt0foBViH
N1PRMXimiLUGt3ElVimlgbllWAAAOw==
====

Re: How to use semicolon as the delimiter to separate email addresses

Baker-6
I got it. Thank you!

Re: How to use semicolon as the delimiter to separate email addresses

Gervase Markham
byron jones wrote:
> you can't but you can tell outlook to accept a comma as well as a semicolon
> (every other email client uses a comma).

I would really like to "have a little chat with" the person at Microsoft
who a) made this an option, and b) defaulted it to off. If you can do
it, and everyone else does it, why not do it all the time? Surely, just
to irritate people who switch away from Outlook and make them switch back.

Gerv

Re: How to use semicolon as the delimiter to separate email addresses

Shankar Unni
Gervase Markham wrote:

> I would really like to "have a little chat with" the person at Microsoft [..]

He says, as he gently bounces a bat off the palm of his left hand..