How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

Danishka Navin
Hi,

Is it possible to test 'all' Firefox crash reports related interfaces and
messages?

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin

Re: How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

Eduardo Trápani
 > Is it possible to test 'all' Firefox crash reports related interfaces and
 > messages?

I don't know about 'all'. Each one might need different triggers. Which
one would you like to reproduce?

You can get some of the error pages by killing a content process.

Re: How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

Danishka Navin
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Eduardo Trápani <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > Is it possible to test 'all' Firefox crash reports related interfaces and
> > messages?
>
> I don't know about 'all'. Each one might need different triggers. Which
> one would you like to reproduce?
>
> You can get some of the error pages by killing a content process.

I need to test all possibilities as I feel there is an issue with
translation.

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin

Re: How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

Mozilla - Localization mailing list
¡Hola Eduardo, Danishka!
You can use the crashers available at https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/utilities/crashfirefox-intentionally/
Hope these help.
¡Gracias!Alex

wrote:

> > Is it possible to test 'all' Firefox crash reports related interfaces and
> > messages?
>
> I don't know about 'all'. Each one might need different triggers. Which
> one would you like to reproduce?
>
> You can get some of the error pages by killing a content process.

I need to test all possibilities as I feel there is an issue with
translation.

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin

Re: How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Il 19/10/17 18.44, Danishka Navin ha scritto:

> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Eduardo Trápani <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>>> Is it possible to test 'all' Firefox crash reports related interfaces and
>>> messages?
>> I don't know about 'all'. Each one might need different triggers. Which
>> one would you like to reproduce?
>>
>> You can get some of the error pages by killing a content process.
>>
> I need to test all possibilities as I feel there is an issue with
> translation.
I usually kill Nightly Content processes in task manager.

There used to be a "Crash Me Now!" add-on, but I don't think it works
anymore.

Other pages involved are about:crashes and about:sessionrestore

Francesco

Re: How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

Danishka Navin
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Il 19/10/17 18.44, Danishka Navin ha scritto:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Eduardo Trápani <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to test 'all' Firefox crash reports related interfaces and
>>>>
>>> I don't know about 'all'. Each one might need different triggers. Which
>>> one would you like to reproduce?
>>>
>>> You can get some of the error pages by killing a content process.
>>>
>>> I need to test all possibilities as I feel there is an issue with
>> translation.
>>
> I usually kill Nightly Content processes in task manager.
>
> There used to be a "Crash Me Now!" add-on, but I don't think it works
> anymore.
>
> Other pages involved are about:crashes and about:sessionrestore

Thanks Alex and Francesco.

> Francesco

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin

Re: How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

Eduardo Trápani
> You can use the crashers available at
> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/utilities/crashfirefox-intentionally/
 >
 > Hope these help.

Thanks Alex. Do you know if there is source code for those programs? I'm
on Linux, that's why.

Re: How to test translation of all crash reporter UIs in Firefox?

Merike Sell
19.10.17 20:17 Eduardo Trápani kirjutas:
>> You can use the crashers available at
>> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/utilities/crashfirefox-intentionally/
>>
>> Hope these help.
>
> Thanks Alex. Do you know if there is source code for those programs? I'm
> on Linux, that's why.

Try
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/How_to_report_a_hung_Firefox#Linux_and_Mac

Merike