How to send a email to group?

huyihui
One of our customer member submit a bug,
and after we have resolved it, we want to send notification to customer
group, no just the reporter alone, how the email can be send to Customer
group?
For example, Customer Group A contain  users a1,a2,a3, and a1 is the bug's
reporter, when the bug move to RESOLVED, we want to tell a1, a2 and a3 at
the same time.
I can not find anyway to send email to a group member.
Thank you.

Re: How to send a email to group?

Thorsten Schöning
Guten Tag huyihui,
am Montag, 19. November 2012 um 06:47 schrieben Sie:

> I can not find anyway to send email to a group member.

Because it's  not possible out of the box, you either have to create
your own extension to do so or register a special group account for
your case. The latter is used in most projects, as normally
everything regarding a bug is interesting to a group, not only some
special events like a closed bug. This requirement is special enough
for an own extension.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

RE: How to send a email to group?

Raghu Kumar C
In MS Outlook terms it is a distribution list which has a single email for all users of the group. Use this email to register an account in Bugzilla.

-raghu
am Montag, 19. November 2012 um 06:47 schrieben Sie:

> I can not find anyway to send email to a group member.

Because it's  not possible out of the box, you either have to create
your own extension to do so or register a special group account for
your case. The latter is used in most projects, as normally
everything regarding a bug is interesting to a group, not only some
special events like a closed bug. This requirement is special enough
for an own extension.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Any comments or statements made in this email are not necessarily those of Tavant Technologies.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from any computer. All e-mails sent from or to Tavant Technologies
may be subject to our monitoring procedures.

RE: How to send a email to group?

Marwa Arbi

Hi Raghu,

Your solution seems to be interesting. Can you help us more by describing how create single mail for all users of the group?

In MS Outlook terms it is a distribution list which has a single email for all users of the group. Use this email to register an account in Bugzilla.

-raghu
am Montag, 19. November 2012 um 06:47 schrieben Sie:

> I can not find anyway to send email to a group member.

Because it's  not possible out of the box, you either have to create your own extension to do so or register a special group account for your case. The latter is used in most projects, as normally everything regarding a bug is interesting to a group, not only some special events like a closed bug. This requirement is special enough for an own extension.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Any comments or statements made in this email are not necessarily those of Tavant Technologies.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. All e-mails sent from or to Tavant Technologies may be subject to our monitoring procedures.

RE: How to send a email to group?

Raghu Kumar C
http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/outlook-help/create-and-edit-a-distribution-list-HA010205427.aspx

Create a distribution list as mentioned above and then register that group in Bugzilla. This user is more of a listener in Bugzilla.
He is more on the CC list of bugs. Users use their personal email for comments, create/edit of bugs.

-raghu
Your solution seems to be interesting. Can you help us more by describing how create single mail for all users of the group?

In MS Outlook terms it is a distribution list which has a single email for all users of the group. Use this email to register an account in Bugzilla.

-raghu
am Montag, 19. November 2012 um 06:47 schrieben Sie:

> I can not find anyway to send email to a group member.

Because it's  not possible out of the box, you either have to create your own extension to do so or register a special group account for your case. The latter is used in most projects, as normally everything regarding a bug is interesting to a group, not only some special events like a closed bug. This requirement is special enough for an own extension.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Any comments or statements made in this email are not necessarily those of Tavant Technologies.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. All e-mails sent from or to Tavant Technologies may be subject to our monitoring procedures.

Any comments or statements made in this email are not necessarily those of Tavant Technologies.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from any computer. All e-mails sent from or to Tavant Technologies
may be subject to our monitoring procedures.

Re: How to send a email to group?

huyihui
So I have to create a group email address in email server?

"Raghu Kumar C" <[hidden email]> ????
news:[hidden email]...
In MS Outlook terms it is a distribution list which has a single email for
all users of the group. Use this email to register an account in Bugzilla.

-raghu
[support-bugzilla-bounces+raghukumar.c=[hidden email]] on
behalf of Thorsten Schöning [[hidden email]]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 1:13 PM
To: [hidden email]

Guten Tag huyihui,
am Montag, 19. November 2012 um 06:47 schrieben Sie:

> I can not find anyway to send email to a group member.

Because it's  not possible out of the box, you either have to create
your own extension to do so or register a special group account for
your case. The latter is used in most projects, as normally
everything regarding a bug is interesting to a group, not only some
special events like a closed bug. This requirement is special enough
for an own extension.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

PLEASE put [hidden email] in the To: field when you
reply.
Any comments or statements made in this email are not necessarily those of
Tavant Technologies.
which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this
in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from any computer. All e-mails sent from or
to Tavant Technologies
may be subject to our monitoring procedures.

Re: How to send a email to group?

Thorsten Schöning
Guten Tag huyihui,
am Dienstag, 20. November 2012 um 07:32 schrieben Sie:

> So I have to create a group email address in email server?

Yes.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning