How to search flags?

Aaron Larson
I'm using several flags to refer to properties of our bugs.  Lets say
properties A, B, C, D.  I'd like to be able to compose a search that
says:

   Flag A is - or Flag B is +

I can't figure out how to do this via the GUI.  I can compose a query
which will determine if either A or B is set  "FLAG" contains "A" or
"FLAG contains "B", but I can't determine what the value might be.

I more concrete example; how would I compose a query that listed all
the bugs that have been refused (flag set to "-") for "blocking 20.2"?

It turns out that searching the "?" case is the bulk of my concerns,
and for that I can use the "My requests" link, but sometimes I need
the previous type of query.  Is hacking in my future?

Re: How to search flags?

Peter Kay
Aaron Larson wrote:

> I'm using several flags to refer to properties of our bugs.  Lets say
> properties A, B, C, D.  I'd like to be able to compose a search that
> says:
>
>    Flag A is - or Flag B is +
>
> I can't figure out how to do this via the GUI.  I can compose a query
> which will determine if either A or B is set  "FLAG" contains "A" or
> "FLAG contains "B", but I can't determine what the value might be.
>
> I more concrete example; how would I compose a query that listed all
> the bugs that have been refused (flag set to "-") for "blocking 20.2"?
>
> It turns out that searching the "?" case is the bulk of my concerns,
> and for that I can use the "My requests" link, but sometimes I need
> the previous type of query.  Is hacking in my future?

The way you search flags is with the Boolean Charts at the bottom of the
page.  You want to something like "Flag" "Is Equal To" "blocking 20.2-"
or something like that.  Then you can "Or" several Boolean charts together.

HTH,

--Peter

Re: How to search flags?

Aaron Larson

PK> The way you search flags is with the Boolean Charts at the bottom
PK> of the page.  You want to something like "Flag" "Is Equal To"
PK> "blocking 20.2-" or something like that.  Then you can "Or"
PK> several Boolean charts together.

Thanks, thats just what I needed.