How to search all message bodies in this newsgroup for a specific sentence?

How to search all message bodies in this newsgroup for a specific sentence?

Balaco ocalaB
How to search all message bodies in this newsgroup for a specific
sentence? I remember reading something, but I do not remember it very
well. I think I can locate it if I search all messages for a specific
sentence. But how can I do that with thunderbird? Sorting all messages
by date, discarding the discussion tree for each thread discards a
detail I remember. Doing it manually for each message will take much
time. I thought to create a filter, but filters cannot search message
bodies! ... sometime ago, I remember having thunderbird filters having
the option to search message bodies. Is this only true to email
accounts? Right now I tried for this newsgroup, and message body was not
among the options of filter search conditions, only headers are listed
there. Very unfortunate. I see nothing else in Thunderbird window or
menus options that may do what I want...

So I decided to ask you: How to search all message bodies in this
newsgroup for a specific sentence? The desired search order is: start
from newest message and continue to the second newest and so on, until X
days back, where X is a number I can choose. To put conditions commonly
found in filters adds value to this search, since I remember a few
details about who participated in the thread I want to reread (at least
one) message.

--
=
        quem você é?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: How to search all message bodies in this newsgroup for a specific sentence?

B00ze
On 2018-02-13 13:22, Balaco ocalaB <[hidden email]> wrote:

[snip]

> So I decided to ask you: How to search all message bodies in this
> newsgroup for a specific sentence? The desired search order is: start
> from newest message and continue to the second newest and so on, until X
> days back, where X is a number I can choose. To put conditions commonly
> found in filters adds value to this search, since I remember a few
> details about who participated in the thread I want to reread (at least
> one) message.

You can use online tools (http://al.howardknight.net/) or you can tell
Thunderbird to keep messages for offline use (look in Account settings,
Synchronisation category) and then download all the messages (THEN you
can search them).

! _\|/_  Sylvain / [hidden email]
! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo  Windows error 15 Unable to exit windows; try the door.