How to require a mandatory long description

How to require a mandatory long description

Ron-115
A Bugzilla user (Yaron) showed me how to make certain fields required when a
user enters a bug.  I have all of the ones working except for the actual
description of the bug.

//This one is not working
             if (this.form.longdesc.value == '')  //I also tried long_desc,
long_descs
            { alert('Really?  You think you don't need to add a
Description?');
              return false; }

//This one is working correctly
                if (this.form.cf_regression.value == '---')
              { alert('Is this bug a Regression?');
                return false;  }

//This one is working correctly
               if (this.form.short_desc.value == '')
             { alert('Please enter a summary sentence for this [% terms.bug
%]');
               return false; }

Thanks,
Ron

Re: How to require a mandatory long description

Gervase Markham
On 18/01/10 20:36, Ron wrote:
> A Bugzilla user (Yaron) showed me how to make certain fields required when a
> user enters a bug.  I have all of the ones working except for the actual
> description of the bug.
>
> //This one is not working
>              if (this.form.longdesc.value == '')  //I also tried long_desc,
> long_descs

It's a <textarea> so it's not ".value" to access the contents, it's
something else. Consult a DOM reference :-)

Gerv

Re: How to require a mandatory long description

jfotto2
On Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 7:00:39 AM UTC-5, Gervase Markham wrote:

> On 18/01/10 20:36, Ron wrote:
> > A Bugzilla user (Yaron) showed me how to make certain fields required when a
> > user enters a bug.  I have all of the ones working except for the actual
> > description of the bug.
> >
> > //This one is not working
> >              if (this.form.longdesc.value == '')  //I also tried long_desc,
> > long_descs
>
> It's a <textarea> so it's not ".value" to access the contents, it's
> something else. Consult a DOM reference :-)
>
> Gerv

The only way I was able to make descriptions mandatory was via the Work flow page.   At the bottom right, you can make descriptions mandatory for each/any step of the work flow that you would like.