How to remote debug using IDE ?

Meir Yanovich-2
Hello all
i have cpp app that is using the spidermonky engine scripting .
the app initialize the spidermonky debug server that i can connect to and debug
currently i can do it using old firefox browser and its web tool remote debugger .
i like to use moderen IDE for debugger , what options do i have ?
is there any plugin for Eclipse / Netbeans / other?

Thanks

Re: How to remote debug using IDE ?

Nicolas B. Pierron
Hi Meir,

On 09/30/2015 08:28 AM, Meir Yanovich wrote:
> Hello all
> i have cpp app that is using the spidermonky engine scripting .
> the app initialize the spidermonky debug server that i can connect to and debug
> currently i can do it using old firefox browser and its web tool remote debugger .
> i like to use moderen IDE for debugger , what options do i have ?
> is there any plugin for Eclipse / Netbeans / other?

If we do not have any IDE integration yet, I think this is likely to be only
an integration problem, as we already have some infrastructure for using the
remote debugger within editors [1].

I will forward your question to the dev-tools mailing list, as they might
know better.

[1] http://paulrouget.com/e/devtoolsnext/

--
Nicolas B. Pierron

Re: How to remote debug using IDE ?

Till Schneidereit-2
The Jetbrains IntelliJ IDEA and WebStorm IDEs have support for the remote
debugging protocol:
https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/help/debugging-javascript.html#d811138e355