How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

The Real Bev
I think it got even smaller in FF57.  It's about 3/16" wide on my
screen, and I'd like it roughly double that.  Changing the color would
be nice too.  What idiot thought that BEIGE was what everything should
be now?  Somebody suggested adding this to userChrome.css, but it didn't
work:

scrollbar[orient="vertical"] scrollbarbutton,
scrollbar[orient="vertical"] slider {
   width: 70px !important;
   height: 70px !important;
   -moz-appearance: none !important;
}

No change or difference between 25 and 70 px.

Apparently this is regarded as off topic in m.s.firefox :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
   "Go back to sleep, citizen. Your government has
    everything under control."         -Bill Hicks
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

caver1-5
On 01/30/2018 07:58 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> I think it got even smaller in FF57.  It's about 3/16" wide on my
> screen, and I'd like it roughly double that.  Changing the color would
> be nice too.  What idiot thought that BEIGE was what everything should
> be now?  Somebody suggested adding this to userChrome.css, but it didn't
> work:
>
> scrollbar[orient="vertical"] scrollbarbutton,
> scrollbar[orient="vertical"] slider {
>     width: 70px !important;
>     height: 70px !important;
>     -moz-appearance: none !important;
> }
>
> No change or difference between 25 and 70 px.
>
> Apparently this is regarded as off topic in m.s.firefox :-(
>

I've look far and wide to find a .css for the scrollbar. No luck so far.

--
Caver1
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

B00ze
In reply to this post by The Real Bev
On 2018-01-30 19:58, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apparently this is regarded as off topic in m.s.firefox :-(

Huh? I'm heading there now, but surely you mis-understood?

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / [hidden email]
! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo  Bits of ice striking hull - "Captain, we're being hailed."

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

The Real Bev
On 01/30/2018 09:00 PM, B00ze wrote:
> On 2018-01-30 19:58, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Apparently this is regarded as off topic in m.s.firefox :-(
>
> Huh? I'm heading there now, but surely you mis-understood?

I'm on permanent moderation status and the post wasn't posted.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.  Tell him that the
    government will give him lots of fish and he will vote for you
    forever.
    When he doesn't get any fish, blame the other guys."  -A Taxpayer

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

B00ze
On 2018-01-31 02:08, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/30/2018 09:00 PM, B00ze wrote:
>> On 2018-01-30 19:58, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Apparently this is regarded as off topic in m.s.firefox :-(
>>
>> Huh? I'm heading there now, but surely you mis-understood?
>
> I'm on permanent moderation status and the post wasn't posted.

Still hasn't appeared, no idea why, it would clearly receive more views
if it was in support and it's the kind of question we're allowed to ask
there all the time. If you want you can ask here:
https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/88, Aris is the genius
behind CTR, if he likes the idea he will code it and incorporate it into
his comprehensive CSS release.

Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / [hidden email]
! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo  4/5 Sysops prefer donuts; 1 prefers women but she's strange.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

The Real Bev
On 01/31/2018 07:24 PM, B00ze wrote:

> On 2018-01-31 02:08, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 01/30/2018 09:00 PM, B00ze wrote:
>>> On 2018-01-30 19:58, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Apparently this is regarded as off topic in m.s.firefox :-(
>>>
>>> Huh? I'm heading there now, but surely you mis-understood?
>>
>> I'm on permanent moderation status and the post wasn't posted.
>
> Still hasn't appeared, no idea why, it would clearly receive more views
> if it was in support and it's the kind of question we're allowed to ask
> there all the time. If you want you can ask here:
> https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/88, Aris is the genius
> behind CTR, if he likes the idea he will code it and incorporate it into
> his comprehensive CSS release.

The moderator has decided that I posted so many off-topic comments that
I should be placed on permanent moderation status.  Every time I post,
this (with appropriate group & subject variation)  is the auto-reply:

==============================
Your mail to 'support-firefox' with the subject

     Wider scrollbar in Quantum?

Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.

The reason it is being held:

     The message headers matched a filter rule

Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
this posting, please visit the following URL:

 
https://lists.mozilla.org/confirm/support-firefox/9cc2d97f07356883cbe4f8331240b3e92a401f89
==================================

I don't get "Sorry, loser, no post for you!" notices, the messages just
fall into the memory hole if they don't get posted.

--
Cheers, Bev
======================================================================
Eat this, NSA: bomb assassinate Washington North Korea Iraq spy poison
ISIS AlQaeda Bush Clinton Pelosi Reid

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

B00ze
On 2018-02-01 01:29, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/31/2018 07:24 PM, B00ze wrote:
>> [snip]
>> Still hasn't appeared, no idea why, it would clearly receive more views
>> if it was in support and it's the kind of question we're allowed to ask
>> there all the time. If you want you can ask here:
>> https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/88, Aris is the genius
>> behind CTR, if he likes the idea he will code it and incorporate it into
>> his comprehensive CSS release.
>
> The moderator has decided that I posted so many off-topic comments that
> I should be placed on permanent moderation status.  Every time I post,
> this (with appropriate group & subject variation) is the auto-reply:
>
> ==============================
> Your mail to 'support-firefox' with the subject
>
>      Wider scrollbar in Quantum?
>
> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>
> The reason it is being held:
>
>      The message headers matched a filter rule
>
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision.

Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting the
message. I don't necessarily pay extra attention to your messages, even
tho I do see you around all the time, but I've never really made a note
that you are too often off-topic. And this particular message here is
on-topic; I too would like to know if it's possible to enlarge the
scrollers, might want to do it once I use Quantum.

> I don't get "Sorry, loser, no post for you!" notices, the messages just
> fall into the memory hole if they don't get posted.

Yeah that's kinda disappointing. Traffic is pretty low these days,
questions like yours should make it to the group.

> Eat this, NSA: bomb assassinate Washington North Korea Iraq spy
> poison ISIS AlQaeda Bush Clinton Pelosi Reid

Hehehe, like that one.

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / [hidden email]
! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo  I didn't mean to blow up the Academy! -Wesley

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

The Real Bev
On 02/01/2018 06:43 PM, B00ze wrote:

> On 2018-02-01 01:29, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 01/31/2018 07:24 PM, B00ze wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> Still hasn't appeared, no idea why, it would clearly receive more views
>>> if it was in support and it's the kind of question we're allowed to ask
>>> there all the time. If you want you can ask here:
>>> https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/88, Aris is the genius
>>> behind CTR, if he likes the idea he will code it and incorporate it into
>>> his comprehensive CSS release.
>>
>> The moderator has decided that I posted so many off-topic comments that
>> I should be placed on permanent moderation status.  Every time I post,
>> this (with appropriate group & subject variation) is the auto-reply:
>>
>> ==============================
>> Your mail to 'support-firefox' with the subject
>>
>>      Wider scrollbar in Quantum?
>>
>> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>>
>> The reason it is being held:
>>
>>      The message headers matched a filter rule

Obviously the one with my email address.  I haven't tried to post with a
different one.

>> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
>> notification of the moderator's decision.
>
> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting the
> message. I don't necessarily pay extra attention to your messages, even
> tho I do see you around all the time, but I've never really made a note
> that you are too often off-topic.

Discussions veer unless somebody demands strict adherence to the subject
at hand.  I really don't understand why that post was censored -- best
guess is that Chris just missed it and deleted it by mistake and is too
embarrassed to rectify the situation at this point or is simply unaware
of the incident.

> And this particular message here is
> on-topic; I too would like to know if it's possible to enlarge the
> scrollers, might want to do it once I use Quantum.

I don't think I've had a wide-enough scrollbar in either Thunderbird or
Firefox since Netscape morphed.  Some theme offered one, but it also had
a miserable typeface with shadows that made it fairly impossible to read
the small-size font that I wanted.

Long ago I learned to hate programming, and have always depended upon
the kindness of strangers :-)  Some things I can figure out on my own,
but most not :-(

>> I don't get "Sorry, loser, no post for you!" notices, the messages just
>> fall into the memory hole if they don't get posted.
>
> Yeah that's kinda disappointing. Traffic is pretty low these days,
> questions like yours should make it to the group.
>
>> Eat this, NSA: bomb assassinate Washington North Korea Iraq spy
>> poison ISIS AlQaeda Bush Clinton Pelosi Reid
>
> Hehehe, like that one.

I need to add a few more...


--
Cheers, Bev
   "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level.
    It's cheaper."                  -- Quentin Crisp 1908 - 1999
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

tanstaafl-2
In reply to this post by B00ze
On Thu Feb 01 2018 21:43:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), B00ze
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting the
> message.

Yeah, but once you say or do something that pisses Chris off, he
apparently sets up a kill filter that blackholes your posts so he
doesn't even see them. At least thats the only thing that I can think of
because he totally ignored all of my very polite and sincere requests to
be reconsidered for being moderated over the last couple of years.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

The Real Bev
In reply to this post by B00ze
On 02/02/2018 06:48 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> On Thu Feb 01 2018 21:43:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), B00ze
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting the
>> message.
>
> Yeah, but once you say or do something that pisses Chris off, he
> apparently sets up a kill filter that blackholes your posts so he
> doesn't even see them. At least thats the only thing that I can think of
> because he totally ignored all of my very polite and sincere requests to
> be reconsidered for being moderated over the last couple of years.

I asked once, maybe a year ago.  He replied that he checks the lists
ever month, so I guess there is no forgiveness.   I've had posts come
through, but others are simply gone.

I'm apparently in good company :-)

--
Cheers,  Bev
   "I can't stand this proliferation of paperwork.   It's useless to
    fight the forms.  You've got to kill the people producing them."
                                              -- Vladimir Kabaidze
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

Ron Hunter
On 2/2/2018 9:59 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 02/02/2018 06:48 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On Thu Feb 01 2018 21:43:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), B00ze
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting the
>>> message.
>>
>> Yeah, but once you say or do something that pisses Chris off, he
>> apparently sets up a kill filter that blackholes your posts so he
>> doesn't even see them. At least thats the only thing that I can think of
>> because he totally ignored all of my very polite and sincere requests to
>> be reconsidered for being moderated over the last couple of years.
>
> I asked once, maybe a year ago.  He replied that he checks the lists
> ever month, so I guess there is no forgiveness.   I've had posts come
> through, but others are simply gone.
>
> I'm apparently in good company :-)
>
Yep, same here.  That's why I don't go to the Firefox group any more,
well, that and the fact I moved to Waterfox.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

The Real Bev
On 02/02/2018 10:32 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 2/2/2018 9:59 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 02/02/2018 06:48 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>> On Thu Feb 01 2018 21:43:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), B00ze
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting the
>>>> message.
>>>
>>> Yeah, but once you say or do something that pisses Chris off, he
>>> apparently sets up a kill filter that blackholes your posts so he
>>> doesn't even see them. At least thats the only thing that I can think of
>>> because he totally ignored all of my very polite and sincere requests to
>>> be reconsidered for being moderated over the last couple of years.
>>
>> I asked once, maybe a year ago.  He replied that he checks the lists
>> ever month, so I guess there is no forgiveness.   I've had posts come
>> through, but others are simply gone.
>>
>> I'm apparently in good company :-)
>>
> Yep, same here.  That's why I don't go to the Firefox group any more,
> well, that and the fact I moved to Waterfox.

I'm going to give it one more try...


--
Cheers, Bev
    Hmph.  I used to have snow tires.  Never again.  They melted in the
    spring.  I won't even start going on about my wood stove.
                                                         -- websurf1
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

WaltS48-9
In reply to this post by The Real Bev
On 2/2/18 10:59 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 02/02/2018 06:48 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On Thu Feb 01 2018 21:43:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), B00ze
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting the
>>> message.
>>
>> Yeah, but once you say or do something that pisses Chris off, he
>> apparently sets up a kill filter that blackholes your posts so he
>> doesn't even see them. At least thats the only thing that I can think of
>> because he totally ignored all of my very polite and sincere requests to
>> be reconsidered for being moderated over the last couple of years.
>
> I asked once, maybe a year ago.  He replied that he checks the lists
> ever month, so I guess there is no forgiveness.   I've had posts come
> through, but others are simply gone.
>
> I'm apparently in good company :-)
>

Seems they can't learn over in that Firefox support newsgroup.

What does getting zapped by 120 volts have to do with Rounded tabs?

smdh

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

The Real Bev
On 02/02/2018 11:10 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 2/2/18 10:59 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 02/02/2018 06:48 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>> On Thu Feb 01 2018 21:43:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), B00ze
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting the
>>>> message.
>>>
>>> Yeah, but once you say or do something that pisses Chris off, he
>>> apparently sets up a kill filter that blackholes your posts so he
>>> doesn't even see them. At least thats the only thing that I can think of
>>> because he totally ignored all of my very polite and sincere requests to
>>> be reconsidered for being moderated over the last couple of years.
>>
>> I asked once, maybe a year ago.  He replied that he checks the lists
>> ever month, so I guess there is no forgiveness.   I've had posts come
>> through, but others are simply gone.
>>
>> I'm apparently in good company :-)
>
> Seems they can't learn over in that Firefox support newsgroup.
>
> What does getting zapped by 120 volts have to do with Rounded tabs?

Chris knows, but he's not telling :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

B00ze
In reply to this post by WaltS48-9
On 2018-02-02 14:10, WaltS48 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/2/18 10:59 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 02/02/2018 06:48 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>> On Thu Feb 01 2018 21:43:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), B00ze
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting the
>>>> message.
>>>
>>> Yeah, but once you say or do something that pisses Chris off, he
>>> apparently sets up a kill filter that blackholes your posts so he
>>> doesn't even see them. At least thats the only thing that I can think of
>>> because he totally ignored all of my very polite and sincere requests to
>>> be reconsidered for being moderated over the last couple of years.
>>
>> I asked once, maybe a year ago.  He replied that he checks the lists
>> ever month, so I guess there is no forgiveness.   I've had posts come
>> through, but others are simply gone.
>>
>> I'm apparently in good company :-)
>>
>
> Seems they can't learn over in that Firefox support newsgroup.
>
> What does getting zapped by 120 volts have to do with Rounded tabs?

LOL! Yeah, but it's so easy to get side-tracked. It does annoy me a bit
when that happens, but I tend to drop off threads once they reach a
certain number of replies, because you KNOW that by then it has nothing
to do with the original message, so I rarely "see" it go off-topic, I've
stopped reading by then.

Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / [hidden email]
! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo  Is that a PC-XT? Ooooooh, you're running Windoze, I see.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

B00ze
In reply to this post by The Real Bev
On 2018-02-02 14:07, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02/02/2018 10:32 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 2/2/2018 9:59 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>> On 02/02/2018 06:48 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>>> On Thu Feb 01 2018 21:43:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), B00ze
>>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not posting
>>>>> the
>>>>> message.
>>>>
>>>> Yeah, but once you say or do something that pisses Chris off, he
>>>> apparently sets up a kill filter that blackholes your posts so he
>>>> doesn't even see them. At least thats the only thing that I can
>>>> think of
>>>> because he totally ignored all of my very polite and sincere
>>>> requests to
>>>> be reconsidered for being moderated over the last couple of years.
>>>
>>> I asked once, maybe a year ago.  He replied that he checks the lists
>>> ever month, so I guess there is no forgiveness.   I've had posts come
>>> through, but others are simply gone.
>>>
>>> I'm apparently in good company :-)
>>>
>> Yep, same here.  That's why I don't go to the Firefox group any more,
>> well, that and the fact I moved to Waterfox.
>
> I'm going to give it one more try...

You made it :-)

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / [hidden email]
! (o o)   Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society
oO-( )-Oo  Is that a PC-XT? Ooooooh, you're running Windoze, I see.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to make Quantum scrollbar wider?

The Real Bev
On 02/02/2018 08:08 PM, B00ze wrote:

> On 2018-02-02 14:07, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 02/02/2018 10:32 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>>> On 2/2/2018 9:59 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>> On 02/02/2018 06:48 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>>>> On Thu Feb 01 2018 21:43:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time),
>>>>> B00ze <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>>> Well, according to that, you should get some reason for not
>>>>>> posting the message.
>>>>>
>>>>> Yeah, but once you say or do something that pisses Chris off,
>>>>> he apparently sets up a kill filter that blackholes your
>>>>> posts so he doesn't even see them. At least thats the only
>>>>> thing that I can think of because he totally ignored all of
>>>>> my very polite and sincere requests to be reconsidered for
>>>>> being moderated over the last couple of years.
>>>>
>>>> I asked once, maybe a year ago.  He replied that he checks the
>>>> lists ever month, so I guess there is no forgiveness.   I've
>>>> had posts come through, but others are simply gone.
>>>>
>>>> I'm apparently in good company :-)
>>>>
>>> Yep, same here.  That's why I don't go to the Firefox group any
>>> more, well, that and the fact I moved to Waterfox.
>>
>> I'm going to give it one more try...
>
> You made it :-)

So I noticed.  I won't thank you for your reply, that might be pushing
my luck!


--
Cheers, Bev
            Linux -- the ultimate freebie!
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general