How to install compare-locales

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to install compare-locales

Filip Miletic-4
Hi all.  How do I install the compare-locales script?

The instructions at https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Compare-locales 
lead to the following at my system:

I actually have setuptools 0.6c9

filip@kravica:~
$ easy_install -U compare-locales
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/easy_install", line 5, in <module>
     from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2566,
in <module>
     parse_requirements(__requires__), Environment()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 524,
in resolve
     raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: setuptools==0.6c8
filip@kravica:~
$

_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install compare-locales

Filip Miletic-4
Време: 24-09-10 01:28, Filip Miletic пише:
> Hi all.  How do I install the compare-locales script?
>
> The instructions at https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Compare-locales
> lead to the following at my system:
>
> I actually have setuptools 0.6c9

FWIW, downloading and running the .egg package at
http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg#md5=bfa92100bd772d5a213eedd356d64086 
(for Python 2.6) did the trick.

f
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install compare-locales

Vito Smolej-3
On Sep 24, 10:42 am, Filip Miletic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Време: 24-09-10 01:28, Filip Miletic пише:
>
> > Hi all.  How do I install the compare-locales script?
>
> > The instructions athttps://developer.mozilla.org/en/Compare-locales
> > lead to the following at my system:
>
> > I actually have setuptools 0.6c9
>
> FWIW, downloading and running the .egg package athttp://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py...
> (for Python 2.6) did the trick.
>
> f

One way to avoid the need for compare-locales, is to take the nightly
build for a given language and look for AB_CD.jar (like sl.jar for
Slovenian) in chrome. If the nightly build is up-to-date, the
installation itself made sure, all (localized as well as not yet
localized) strings are in the file.

One more  beneficial side-effect is, that you can pack your new
strings into a new version of the language jar file (sr.jar I guess)
and test your work without going the whole loop.

Sve najbolje i možda se vidimo u Ljubljani.

smo
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to install compare-locales

Axel Hecht
On 24.09.10 15:18, smo wrote:

> On Sep 24, 10:42 am, Filip Miletic
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Време: 24-09-10 01:28, Filip Miletic пише:
>>
>>> Hi all.  How do I install the compare-locales script?
>>
>>> The instructions athttps://developer.mozilla.org/en/Compare-locales
>>> lead to the following at my system:
>>
>>> I actually have setuptools 0.6c9
>>
>> FWIW, downloading and running the .egg package athttp://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py...
>> (for Python 2.6) did the trick.
>>
>> f
>
> One way to avoid the need for compare-locales, is to take the nightly
> build for a given language and look for AB_CD.jar (like sl.jar for
> Slovenian) in chrome. If the nightly build is up-to-date, the
> installation itself made sure, all (localized as well as not yet
> localized) strings are in the file.

Of course there's no AB_CD.jar no more to begin with. And you're not
avoiding the need for compare-locales at all, you're just having the
build server do it.

> One more  beneficial side-effect is, that you can pack your new
> strings into a new version of the language jar file (sr.jar I guess)
> and test your work without going the whole loop.

Or you can just build a langpack locally,
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Creating_a_Language_Pack.

Axel
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n