Quantcast

How to hide scrollbars (using either the "nsiDOMWindow" APIs, or elsewise)

How to hide scrollbars (using either the "nsiDOMWindow" APIs, or elsewise)

Ajay Garg
Hi all.

I have been using the python-bindings for hulahop, which is based on XpCOM.

In this, (amongst many other things, which I have figured out how to
accomplish :) ), I need to hide any scrollbar that might otherwise crop up
while loading the view(s).
I have already used a lot of APIs mentioned at
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsIDOMWindow
.

However, I am not able to figure out how to disable the visibility of the
scrollbars.
At the link, it seems the following might help (although the property is
mentioned read-only) ::

         scrollbars
nsIDOMBarProp<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsIDOMBarProp>
The
object that controls whether or not scrollbars are shown in the window.
This attribute is "replaceable" in JavaScript. *Read only.*

Any ideas how the requirement may be accomplished? I will be highly
grateful :)

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

Re: How to hide scrollbars (using either the "nsiDOMWindow" APIs, or elsewise)

Ajay Garg
Any ideas?

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Ajay Garg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have been using the python-bindings for hulahop, which is based on XpCOM.
>
> In this, (amongst many other things, which I have figured out how to
> accomplish :) ), I need to hide any scrollbar that might otherwise crop up
> while loading the view(s).
> I have already used a lot of APIs mentioned at
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsIDOMWindow
> .
>
> However, I am not able to figure out how to disable the visibility of the
> scrollbars.
> At the link, it seems the following might help (although the property is
> mentioned read-only) ::
>
>          scrollbars nsIDOMBarProp<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsIDOMBarProp> The
> object that controls whether or not scrollbars are shown in the window.
> This attribute is "replaceable" in JavaScript. *Read only.*
>
> Any ideas how the requirement may be accomplished? I will be highly
> grateful :)
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Ajay

Ajay