How to have Ctrl+Home & Ctrl+End scroll to top & bottom of page instead of moving tab to left- or rightmost position?

How to have Ctrl+Home & Ctrl+End scroll to top & bottom of page instead of moving tab to left- or rightmost position?

John A.-2
Seamonkey 1.0b is exhibiting this less than useful behavior.

Normally Ctrl-Home moves you to the top of a document, and Ctrl-End to
the bottom, and they have in Mozilla until now. Home and End will
server that function, but not if the cursor is in a form field so one
learns to rely on the Ctrl versions.

Unfortunately now in SM1.0b they move the current tab to the left or
right end of the tab bar. I really don't need to do that ever, and
frankly it's a bit too much of a "gee-wizz-golly" feature rather than
a useful one to take the place of one that does get so much use. Is
there a configuration item to switch off this behavior?

Thanks.
JA

Re: How to have Ctrl+Home & Ctrl+End scroll to top & bottom of page instead of moving tab to left- or rightmost position?

Karsten Düsterloh
John A. aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:

> Normally Ctrl-Home moves you to the top of a document, and Ctrl-End to
> the bottom, and they have in Mozilla until now. Home and End will
> server that function, but not if the cursor is in a form field so one
> learns to rely on the Ctrl versions.
>
> Unfortunately now in SM1.0b they move the current tab to the left or
> right end of the tab bar. I really don't need to do that ever, and
> frankly it's a bit too much of a "gee-wizz-golly" feature rather than
> a useful one to take the place of one that does get so much use. Is
> there a configuration item to switch off this behavior?

That's bug 321128 and already fixed on trunk.
It'll go into branches as soon as possible.

Karsten
--
       Freiheit stirbt        |       Fsayannes SF&F-Bibliothek:
            Mit Sicherheit    |       http://fsayanne.tprac.de/

Re: How to have Ctrl+Home & Ctrl+End scroll to top & bottom of page instead of moving tab to left- or rightmost position?

John A.-2
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:13:25 +0100, Karsten Düsterloh <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>John A. aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
>> Normally Ctrl-Home moves you to the top of a document, and Ctrl-End to
>> the bottom, and they have in Mozilla until now. Home and End will
>> server that function, but not if the cursor is in a form field so one
>> learns to rely on the Ctrl versions.
>>
>> Unfortunately now in SM1.0b they move the current tab to the left or
>> right end of the tab bar. I really don't need to do that ever, and
>> frankly it's a bit too much of a "gee-wizz-golly" feature rather than
>> a useful one to take the place of one that does get so much use. Is
>> there a configuration item to switch off this behavior?
>
>That's bug 321128 and already fixed on trunk.
>It'll go into branches as soon as possible.

Nice! I look forward to the 1.0 release. :)
JA