Quantcast

How to get contents of the address bar in OS X Firefox from another app?

How to get contents of the address bar in OS X Firefox from another app?

Ivan M
My app relies on OS X accessibility to get current tab URLs from different browsers.

But Firefox on OS X doesn't use native UI, so I can't get to its address bar with OS X Accessibility framework. (Or at least Xcode Accessibility Inspector can't see it properly.)

Are there any possible ways to get it?

Re: How to get contents of the address bar in OS X Firefox from another app?

Ivan M
On Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 12:16:13 AM UTC-3, Ivan M wrote:
> My app relies on OS X accessibility to get current tab URLs from different browsers.
>
> But Firefox on OS X doesn't use native UI, so I can't get to its address bar with OS X Accessibility framework. (Or at least Xcode Accessibility Inspector can't see it properly.)
>
> Are there any possible ways to get it?

And hi all. :) Sorry, I shouldn't post when sleepy.