How to get URL for FF4

Will Jing
Hi All,

For firefox3.*, I  can get the URL via IAccessible->IServiceProvider-
>ISimpleDOMDocument. But seems we don't have the handle to
"MozillaContentWindowClass" for FF4. Any idea?

Thanks.

Re: How to get URL for FF4

David Bolter-3
Hi Will,

Content windows were removed from Firefox 4 betas last August. Can you
describe what you want to do? There might be alternate solutions.

Cheers,
David
On 10/02/11 12:24 PM, Will Jing wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> For firefox3.*, I  can get the URL via IAccessible->IServiceProvider-
>> ISimpleDOMDocument. But seems we don't have the handle to
> "MozillaContentWindowClass" for FF4. Any idea?
>
> Thanks.

Re: How to get URL for FF4

Will Jing
Hi David,

Given the HWND for a FF4 window, I want to get its URL without writing
an adds-on. Better if I can get it with MSAA support. I use vc2010 on
Win7.

Thanks.

On Feb 10, 1:24 pm, David Bolter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> Content windows were removed from Firefox 4 betas last August. Can you
> describe what you want to do? There might be alternate solutions.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Re: How to get URL for FF4

David Bolter-3
Ideally we would find a way that didn't involve using MSAA since that
invokes our accessibility engine which in turn makes Firefox run slower
for your users. I'm not sure what that way is. Affecting browser
performance just to collect an URL is something we'd want you to avoid.

Is your tool an accessibility tool?

Cheers,
David

On 10/02/11 1:41 PM, Will Jing wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Given the HWND for a FF4 window, I want to get its URL without writing
> an adds-on. Better if I can get it with MSAA support. I use vc2010 on
> Win7.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Feb 10, 1:24 pm, David Bolter<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi Will,
>>
>> Content windows were removed from Firefox 4 betas last August. Can you
>> describe what you want to do? There might be alternate solutions.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David

Re: How to get URL for FF4

Will Jing
Yes, I'm trying to write an accessibility tool for the blind. The
first step is for URL and then text of html doc.

Thanks,

On Feb 10, 2:04 pm, David Bolter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ideally we would find a way that didn't involve using MSAA since that
> invokes our accessibility engine which in turn makes Firefox run slower
> for your users. I'm not sure what that way is. Affecting browser
> performance just to collect an URL is something we'd want you to avoid.
>
> Is your tool an accessibility tool?
>
> Cheers,
> David

Re: How to get URL for FF4

David Bolter-3
OK perhaps this might help you:
http://mindforks.blogspot.com/2010/09/firefox-4-beta-at-vender-relief.html

If not, can you please file a bug and we can figure it out from there?
http://bit.ly/bkTHpA

Cheers,
David

On 10/02/11 2:23 PM, Will Jing wrote:

> Yes, I'm trying to write an accessibility tool for the blind. The
> first step is for URL and then text of html doc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Feb 10, 2:04 pm, David Bolter<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Ideally we would find a way that didn't involve using MSAA since that
>> invokes our accessibility engine which in turn makes Firefox run slower
>> for your users. I'm not sure what that way is. Affecting browser
>> performance just to collect an URL is something we'd want you to avoid.
>>
>> Is your tool an accessibility tool?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David

Re: How to get URL for FF4

Will Jing
Hi David,

Seems I can not retrieve accessibleDoc successfully with the following
code:
serviceProvider->QueryService(SID_IAccessibleContentDocument,
IID_IAccessible, ( void**) &accessibleDoc);

I have read the article and also this link:
http://www.marcozehe.de/2010/09/23/whats-up-with-all-those-windows/

According to this link, bug 594413 has been fixed and we can "use
ISimpleDOMDocument to get all the required information without having
to rely on Windows widgets"  for FF4.

What's the connection between accessibleDoc and ISimpleDOMDocument?
Can you show me how to get ISimpleDOMDocument from accessibleDoc?

Thanks.

On Feb 10, 2:34 pm, David Bolter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> OK perhaps this might help you:http://mindforks.blogspot.com/2010/09/firefox-4-beta-at-vender-relief...
>
> If not, can you please file a bug and we can figure it out from there?http://bit.ly/bkTHpA
>
> Cheers,
> David

Re: How to get URL for FF4

David Bolter-3
The service approach only succeeds for queries on an an accessible object
inside a content doc. That probably doesn't suit your needs.

I no very little about ISimpleDom but others on this list may chime in
there.

On Feb 10, 2011 4:40 PM, "Will Jing" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Seems I can not retrieve accessibleDoc successfully with the following
> code:
> serviceProvider->QueryService(SID_IAccessibleContentDocument,
> IID_IAccessible, ( void**) &accessibleDoc);
>
> I have read the article and also this link:
> http://www.marcozehe.de/2010/09/23/whats-up-with-all-those-windows/
>
> According to this link, bug 594413 has been fixed and we can "use
> ISimpleDOMDocument to get all the required information without having
> to rely on Windows widgets" for FF4.
>
> What's the connection between accessibleDoc and ISimpleDOMDocument?
> Can you show me how to get ISimpleDOMDocument from accessibleDoc?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Feb 10, 2:34 pm, David Bolter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> OK perhaps this might help you:
http://mindforks.blogspot.com/2010/09/firefox-4-beta-at-vender-relief...

>> If not, can you please file a bug and we can figure it out from there?
http://bit.ly/bkTHpA

>> Cheers,
>> David

Re: How to get URL for FF4

Will Jing
I have found the solution with MSAA support. The key point is
NAVRELATION_EMBEDS.

Thanks,

On Feb 10, 6:39 pm, david bolter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The service approach only succeeds for queries on an an accessible object
> inside a content doc. That probably doesn't suit your needs.
>
> I no very little about ISimpleDom but others on this list may chime in
> there.

Re: How to get URL for FF4

David Bolter-3
Great. I was going to suggest this but hadn't yet confirmed that it
works. You might have noticed Aaron suggested it in my blog comments
which always a good sign :)

Cheers,
David