Quantcast

How to execute setup.exe using install.rdf?

How to execute setup.exe using install.rdf?

varsha-6
Hi,

    I have created extensions to install my setup.exe using install.js
which compatible with firefox 2.0 and below version using function
execute("setup.exe", "-s", true);

Now I want create extension which will for firefox 3.0.* but
install.js does not work with firefox 3.0.*
for that install.js is replece with install.rdf.

I don't how to install or execute setup.exe using install.rdf.
Is it equivivallent option availbale in install.rdf like install.js
contains execute("setup.exe", "-s", true);

If any one has solution for this ,please provide me?

Thanks & Regards
Varsha

Re: How to execute setup.exe using install.rdf?

Benjamin Smedberg
On 5/4/09 9:27 AM, varsha wrote:

 I don't how to install or execute setup.exe using install.rdf.
> Is it equivivallent option availbale in install.rdf like install.js
> contains execute("setup.exe", "-s", true);
>
> If any one has solution for this ,please provide me?

When Firefox installs an extension it unpacks your XPI within the user's
profile/extensions/<extensionID> directory. You cannot perform arbitrary
actions on install.

What does your installer executable need to do? If you really need to have a
binary installer, why not just have the user download and run it, instead of
packing it within an XPI file?

--BDS