How to enable marquee feature for mozilla-1.7.12

How to enable marquee feature for mozilla-1.7.12

rion10
  I want to build a mozilla for the set-top box, is there any option that I
can
use to enable marquee feature when building mozilla-1.7.12?
  If the marquee feature is enable in Mozilla by default, is there any extra
file or configuration I needed?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

Re: How to enable marquee feature for mozilla-1.7.12

Peter Weilbacher
luke liang wrote:

>   If the marquee feature is enable in Mozilla by default

Not sure what you mean by "marquee feature", but the <marquee> tag has
been supported (by default) for quite a while.

> is there any extra file or configuration I needed?

Not that I know of.

But why do you want to use Mozilla 1.7.12 as a base for your project?
The 1.7 branch is obsolete and hasn't gotten any security fixes for
the last year. And the last release from that branch was 1.7.13...

   Peter.

Re: How to enable marquee feature for mozilla-1.7.12

Tony Mechelynck
luke liang wrote:

>   I want to build a mozilla for the set-top box, is there any option that I
> can
> use to enable marquee feature when building mozilla-1.7.12?
>   If the marquee feature is enable in Mozilla by default, is there any extra
> file or configuration I needed?
>
> Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

Instead of Mozilla 1.7, which is obsolete, use Firefox 2.0.0.3 or SeaMonkey
1.1.1, which support the marquee tag out of the box. They are both based on
Gecko 1.8.1.3.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Distinctive, adj.:
        A different color or shape than our competitors.