How to enable auto-complete in forms

Poche Sal
  Hello,

The problem is, for example, go to Google.com and type "test", then
press Enter and close Seamonkey, then start it again, go to google and
type "te". In Firefox it'll display a drop-down menu with suggestions
("test) what you've typed earlier. In Seamonkey it won't. Is this very
useful feature removed from Seamonkey? =(

Poche Sal

Re: How to enable auto-complete in forms

John A.-2
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:05:02 +0300, Poche Sal <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>The problem is, for example, go to Google.com and type "test", then
>press Enter and close Seamonkey, then start it again, go to google and
>type "te". In Firefox it'll display a drop-down menu with suggestions
>("test) what you've typed earlier. In Seamonkey it won't. Is this very
>useful feature removed from Seamonkey? =(

It's a Google feature, not a browser feature.
http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

Or maybe it's a Google toolbar feature. Who knows.
JA

John A. wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:05:02 +0300, Poche Sal <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>>  Hello,
>>
>> The problem is, for example, go to Google.com and type "test", then
>> press Enter and close Seamonkey, then start it again, go to google and
>> type "te". In Firefox it'll display a drop-down menu with suggestions
>> ("test) what you've typed earlier. In Seamonkey it won't. Is this very
>> useful feature removed from Seamonkey? =(
>
> It's a Google feature, not a browser feature.
> http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en
>
> Or maybe it's a Google toolbar feature. Who knows.
> JA

In Firefox it works for any form and for every search site I ever used.

Re: How to enable auto-complete in forms

Robert Kaiser
Poche Sal schrieb:
> The problem is, for example, go to Google.com and type "test", then
> press Enter and close Seamonkey, then start it again, go to google and
> type "te". In Firefox it'll display a drop-down menu with suggestions
> ("test) what you've typed earlier. In Seamonkey it won't. Is this very
> useful feature removed from Seamonkey? =(

It wasn't removed in SeaMonkey, it wasn't added into SeaMonkey in this
form. It might be added once we do our transition to the "new toolkit",
which bascially includes that feature as well (IIRC, this may part of
the wallet/form-fill replacemant called "satchel").

Robert Kaiser