How to change a light bulb

Irwin Greenwald-4
Quoted from rec.humor.funny.reruns:

Q:  How many internet mail list subscribers does it take
     to change a light bulb?

A:  1,331:
         1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail
           list that the light bulb has been changed
        14 to share similar experiences of changing light
           bulbs and how the light bulb could have been
           changed differently.
         7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
        27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
           changing light bulbs.
        53 to flame the spell checkers
       156 to write to the list administrator complaining about
           the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness
           to this mail list.
        41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
       109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and
           to please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb
       203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar,
           alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing
           light bulbs be stopped.
       111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we
           are all use light bulbs and therefore the posts
           **are** relevant to this mail list.
       306 to debate which method of changing light
           bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs,
           what brand of light bulbs work best for this
           technique, and what brands are faulty.
        27 to post URLs where one can see examples of
           different light bulbs
        14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and
           to post corrected URLs.
         3 to post about links they found from the URLs that
           are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs
           relevant to this list.
        33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote
           them including all headers and footers, and then
           add "Me Too."
        12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing
           because they cannot handle the light bulb
           controversey.
        19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."
         4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
         1 to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.
        47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion
           was meant for, leave it here.
       143 votes for alt.lite.bulb.

[Note - making the list and newsgroups rounds in a big way, original
        author unknown - ed.]

--
 From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup

This newsgroup does not accept submissions.  See rec.humor.funny for that.

Re: How to change a light bulb

Robert Blair-2
How many software engineers does it take to change a lightbulb?

None.  That's a hardware problem.  I know.  I was a software engineer
for 40+ years, since before the term "software engineer" was coined.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. © 1997

Re: How to change a light bulb

Tony Mechelynck
David E. Ross wrote:
> How many software engineers does it take to change a lightbulb?
>
> None.  That's a hardware problem.  I know.  I was a software engineer
> for 40+ years, since before the term "software engineer" was coined.

:-) At that time, computers (not only peripherals, but even the CPU control
panel) still included incandescent light bulbs rather than LEDs, so the "field
service technician" (as hardware engineers were called then) did know how to
change one -- using tweezers.

Best regards,
Tony.
233. You start dreaming about web pages...in html.

Re: How to change a light bulb

JoeS-3
David E. Ross wrote:
> How many software engineers does it take to change a lightbulb?
>
> None.  That's a hardware problem.  I know.  I was a software engineer
> for 40+ years, since before the term "software engineer" was coined.

Yes, but there was a time when software *was* hardware.
In fact the Univac 1004 "terminal" was programmed through a large jumper panel.
I believe it weighed at least 50 lbs, and the biggest software bug was bent pins
where the jumper pins meshed with the patch panel.(operator error of the user)
Diagnostic software was a program panel that checked continuity of all the pins.

Joe

Re: How to change a light bulb

John Thompson
On 2007-05-13, Irwin Greenwald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Quoted from rec.humor.funny.reruns:
>
> Q:  How many internet mail list subscribers does it take
>      to change a light bulb?
>
> A:  1,331:

I hope you decided to use a compact florescent bulb at least...

--

John ([hidden email])

Re: How to change a light bulb

Michael Gordon
John Thompson created this reply On 5/13/2007 9:31 PM

> On 2007-05-13, Irwin Greenwald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Quoted from rec.humor.funny.reruns:
>>
>> Q:  How many internet mail list subscribers does it take
>>      to change a light bulb?
>>
>> A:  1,331:
>>

> I hope you decided to use a compact florescent bulb at least...

Now that we have opened the subject of the CFB in this typical newsgroup
thread of OT subject material ;-)  we need to take a more serious look
at the hazards of owning such a "bright light".

 From FoxNews.com

Michael

--
Armadillo Web Design
Opening your door of opportunity

Armadillo Web Design
www.armadilloweb.com

Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

SeaMonkey
www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
The all in one browser, mail, and composer.
SeaMonkey the "All In One Internet Application Suite"

Re: How to change a light bulb

squaredancer
On 13/05/2007 19:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Irwin
Greenwald to generate the following:? :

> Quoted from rec.humor.funny.reruns:
>
> Q:  How many internet mail list subscribers does it take
>      to change a light bulb?
>
> A:  1,331:
>          1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail
>            list that the light bulb has been changed
>         14 to share similar experiences of changing light
>            bulbs and how the light bulb could have been
>            changed differently.
>          7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
>         27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
>            changing light bulbs.
>         53 to flame the spell checkers
>        156 to write to the list administrator complaining about
>            the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness
>            to this mail list.
>         41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
>        109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and
>            to please take this email exchange to alt.lite.bulb
>        203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar,
>            alt.spelling and alt.punctuation about changing
>            light bulbs be stopped.
>        111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we
>            are all use light bulbs and therefore the posts
>            **are** relevant to this mail list.
>        306 to debate which method of changing light
>            bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs,
>            what brand of light bulbs work best for this
>            technique, and what brands are faulty.
>         27 to post URLs where one can see examples of
>            different light bulbs
>         14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and
>            to post corrected URLs.
>          3 to post about links they found from the URLs that
>            are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs
>            relevant to this list.
>         33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote
>            them including all headers and footers, and then
>            add "Me Too."
>         12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing
>            because they cannot handle the light bulb
>            controversey.
>         19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."
>          4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
>          1 to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.
>         47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion
>            was meant for, leave it here.
>        143 votes for alt.lite.bulb.
>
> [Note - making the list and newsgroups rounds in a big way, original
> author unknown - ed.]
>

> --
>  From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
> Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup
> rec.humor.funny.   Visit http://www.netfunny.com/rhf to browse the RHF
> pages and archives on the web.
>
> This newsgroup does not accept submissions.  See rec.humor.funny for that.

I beg that there be added:
1 Listowner Cyberpath who states "This has gone way OT - set followup to
lite.bulb.general"
1 Listowner stooge who sends threatening eMails that "Your posts will be
deleted without further comment if you persist in posting OT" - in
incomprehensible half-english.

reg

Re: How to change a light bulb

Clay-2
squaredancer wrote:

> [...]
>>            was meant for, leave it here.
>>        143 votes for alt.lite.bulb.
>>
>> [Note - making the list and newsgroups rounds in a big way, original
>>     author unknown - ed.]
>>

>> --
>>  From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
>> Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup
>> rec.humor.funny.   Visit http://www.netfunny.com/rhf to browse the RHF
>> pages and archives on the web.
>>
>> This newsgroup does not accept submissions.  See rec.humor.funny for
>> that.
>>
> I beg that there be added:
> 1 Listowner Cyberpath who states "This has gone way OT - set followup to
> lite.bulb.general"
> 1 Listowner stooge who sends threatening eMails that "Your posts will be
> deleted without further comment if you persist in posting OT" - in

...and a couple of free thinkers to post that light bulbs don't really
emit light, they suck dark.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=darksucker+theory&btnG=Search
--
100% money back guarantee!
If at any time you are dissatisfied with the performance of your Mozilla

Re: How to change a light bulb

PhillipJones
clay wrote:

> [...]
>>>     author unknown - ed.]
>>>

>>> --
>>>  From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
>>> Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup
>>> rec.humor.funny.   Visit http://www.netfunny.com/rhf to browse the
>>> RHF pages and archives on the web.
>>>
>>> This newsgroup does not accept submissions.  See rec.humor.funny for
>>> that.
>>>
>> I beg that there be added:
>> 1 Listowner Cyberpath who states "This has gone way OT - set followup
>> to lite.bulb.general"
>> 1 Listowner stooge who sends threatening eMails that "Your posts will
>> be deleted without further comment if you persist in posting OT" - in
>> incomprehensible half-english.
>>
>> reg
>
> ...and a couple of free thinkers to post that light bulbs don't really

Would that make them "white Holes" as opposed to "Black Holes"

Re: How to change a light bulb

Clay-2
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

> clay wrote:
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>> On 13/05/2007 19:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Irwin
>>> Greenwald to generate the following:? :

>>> I beg that there be added:
>>> 1 Listowner Cyberpath who states "This has gone way OT - set followup
>>> to lite.bulb.general"
>>> 1 Listowner stooge who sends threatening eMails that "Your posts will
>>> be deleted without further comment if you persist in posting OT" - in
>>> incomprehensible half-english.
>>>
>>> reg
>>
>> ...and a couple of free thinkers to post that light bulbs don't really
>> emit light, they suck dark.
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=darksucker+theory&btnG=Search
>
> Would that make them "white Holes" as opposed to "Black Holes"

Technically, no.
For a darksucker to work, it has to have some place for all the dark to
go...

"The black hole is just dark on dark, and dark on dark obviously creates
unlimited amounts of dark. Therefore, the dark is produced by black
holes at enormous speed and the dark suckers suck the dark at a slower
speed. That is why there is a lot more dark in space than lack of it.

   But why are there more natural dark suckers in space than there are
dark producers? Because the more dark producers emit dark, the more dark
there is. So the dark suckers suck all the dark, and, like the man made
dark suckers, they will run out of storage for the dark. That is why
stars burn out. They are full of dark, and cannot suck any more. Once in
a while, these natural dark suckers will suck way too much dark, and
create another dark producer, or black hole. Thankfully, when they suck
too much dark, it also sucks away more of the existing dark, leaving a
space empty of dark. This creates another dark sucker, which will soon
suck more dark from our universe..."

clay wrote:
> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>> clay wrote:
[...]

>>> ...and a couple of free thinkers to post that light bulbs don't
>>> really emit light, they suck dark.
>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=darksucker+theory&btnG=Search
>>
>> Would that make them "white Holes" as opposed to "Black Holes"
>>

> Technically, no.
> For a darksucker to work, it has to have some place for all the dark to
> go...
>
> "The black hole is just dark on dark, and dark on dark obviously creates
> unlimited amounts of dark. Therefore, the dark is produced by black
> holes at enormous speed and the dark suckers suck the dark at a slower
> speed. That is why there is a lot more dark in space than lack of it.
>
>   But why are there more natural dark suckers in space than there are
> dark producers? Because the more dark producers emit dark, the more dark
> there is. So the dark suckers suck all the dark, and, like the man made
> dark suckers, they will run out of storage for the dark. That is why
> stars burn out. They are full of dark, and cannot suck any more. Once in
> a while, these natural dark suckers will suck way too much dark, and
> create another dark producer, or black hole. Thankfully, when they suck
> too much dark, it also sucks away more of the existing dark, leaving a
> space empty of dark. This creates another dark sucker, which will soon
> suck more dark from our universe..."

Yeah, sure; and when you burn something, it emits phlogiston, which produces
heat. For instance, by burning potassium, you get potash and phlogiston. The
reason the potash weighs more than the potassium you burnt, is that the
phlogiston has negative mass. Then comes a freethinker, who tells you that you
are not emitting phlogiston but sucking something -- let's call it "oxygen" --
out of the atmosphere...

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Legislation proposed in the Illinois State Legislature, May, 1907:
        "Speed upon county roads will be limited to ten miles an hour

Re: How to change a light bulb

squaredancer
On 17/05/2007 19:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  clay to
generate the following:? :

> [...]
>>>     author unknown - ed.]
>>>

>>> --
>>>  From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
>>> Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup
>>> rec.humor.funny.   Visit http://www.netfunny.com/rhf to browse the RHF
>>> pages and archives on the web.
>>>
>>> This newsgroup does not accept submissions.  See rec.humor.funny for
>>> that.
>>>

>> I beg that there be added:
>> 1 Listowner Cyberpath who states "This has gone way OT - set followup to
>> lite.bulb.general"
>> 1 Listowner stooge who sends threatening eMails that "Your posts will be
>> deleted without further comment if you persist in posting OT" - in
>> incomprehensible half-english.
>>
>> reg
>>

> ...and a couple of free thinkers to post that light bulbs don't really

easy to prove...

IF light was primary, then the universe would be lit up...
IF light was emitted as claimed, where does the darkness go to?

> [...]

>>>     author unknown - ed.]
>>>

>>> --
>>>  From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
>>> Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup
>>> rec.humor.funny.   Visit http://www.netfunny.com/rhf to browse the RHF
>>> pages and archives on the web.
>>>
>>> This newsgroup does not accept submissions.  See rec.humor.funny for
>>> that.
>>>

>> I beg that there be added:
>> 1 Listowner Cyberpath who states "This has gone way OT - set followup to
>> lite.bulb.general"
>> 1 Listowner stooge who sends threatening eMails that "Your posts will be
>> deleted without further comment if you persist in posting OT" - in
>> incomprehensible half-english.
>>
>> reg
>>

> ...and a couple of free thinkers to post that light bulbs don't really

is the expression "dark suckers" politically correct?? :-[

reg

Re: How to change a light bulb

squaredancer
On 18/05/2007 06:09, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Tony
Mechelynck to generate the following:? :

> clay wrote:
>
>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>>
>>> clay wrote:
>>>
> [...]
>>>>
>>> Would that make them "white Holes" as opposed to "Black Holes"
>>>

>> Technically, no.
>> For a darksucker to work, it has to have some place for all the dark to
>> go...
>>
>> "The black hole is just dark on dark, and dark on dark obviously creates
>> unlimited amounts of dark. Therefore, the dark is produced by black
>> holes at enormous speed and the dark suckers suck the dark at a slower
>> speed. That is why there is a lot more dark in space than lack of it.
>>
>>   But why are there more natural dark suckers in space than there are
>> dark producers? Because the more dark producers emit dark, the more dark
>> there is. So the dark suckers suck all the dark, and, like the man made
>> dark suckers, they will run out of storage for the dark. That is why
>> stars burn out. They are full of dark, and cannot suck any more. Once in
>> a while, these natural dark suckers will suck way too much dark, and
>> create another dark producer, or black hole. Thankfully, when they suck
>> too much dark, it also sucks away more of the existing dark, leaving a
>> space empty of dark. This creates another dark sucker, which will soon
>> suck more dark from our universe..."
>>

> Yeah, sure; and when you burn something, it emits phlogiston, which produces
> heat. For instance, by burning potassium, you get potash and phlogiston. The
> reason the potash weighs more than the potassium you burnt, is that the
> phlogiston has negative mass. Then comes a freethinker, who tells you that you
> are not emitting phlogiston but sucking something -- let's call it "oxygen" --
> out of the atmosphere...
>

> Best regards,
> Tony.

so Tony, in effect it is the freethinking, potassium-burning community
that we have to thank, for lack of breathing space??

reg