How to avoid closing T-bird when closing last tab

How to avoid closing T-bird when closing last tab

bando?ers@gmail
I saw a msg asking about how to not accidentally close Thunderbird when
closing last tab. The msg is gone from the Mozi server now it seems, but
in case the poster still needs this info-

One can un-check "close window on delete", and carefully,
Go to tools/options/advanced/config editor.  The item copied below is
#1262 (at least on my system),  of more than 1800 settings.
mail.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab;true
(change to "false"
Save setting by entering on OK.
Never change more than one setting at a time in config editor unless you
are _very sure of what you're doing.
This should work for you.

B.H.

--
Bando?ers

Re: How to avoid closing T-bird when closing last tab

Andrew Price-6
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 18:01:12 -0600, Burt Henry <[hidden email]>
wrote:

[---]

>This should work for you.

Indeed it did!  Many thanks - that problem had been bugging me ever
since I've been using Thunderbird.