How to add estimated_time field

ravi.shanker
Hi,

I want to have only one field - estimated_time field in my bugs list
without enabling time group. I tried to change code in create.html.tmpl
and edit.html.tmpl, but it is giving "undef error - invalid bug
attribute estimated_time at Bugzilla/Bug.pm line 1108"

Thanks,
Ravi

Re: How to add estimated_time field

ravi.shanker
I forgot to add that I am using Bugzilla 2.20 on Linux (Redhat) and was
sucessfull in other customizations except this one.

Thanks,
Ravi

ravi.shanker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to have only one field - estimated_time field in my bugs list
> without enabling time group. I tried to change code in create.html.tmpl
> and edit.html.tmpl, but it is giving "undef error - invalid bug
> attribute estimated_time at Bugzilla/Bug.pm line 1108"
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi

Re: How to add estimated_time field

ravi.shanker
let me rephrase my question.  I want a field where I can enter estimated
time. I don't want any processing on this. This I would like to enter
when I am changing the bug_status to fixed.

Thanks,
Ravi

ravi.shanker wrote:

> I forgot to add that I am using Bugzilla 2.20 on Linux (Redhat) and was
> sucessfull in other customizations except this one.
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi
>
> ravi.shanker wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to have only one field - estimated_time field in my bugs list
>> without enabling time group. I tried to change code in
>> create.html.tmpl and edit.html.tmpl, but it is giving "undef error -
>> invalid bug attribute estimated_time at Bugzilla/Bug.pm line 1108"
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ravi

Re: How to add estimated_time field

Michael Bellomo
The easiest way would probably be to hijack another field for that
purpose.  For example, we wanted a customer field in our bugzilla, so we
just renamed the "URL" field since we don't need that one.  To do that,
you just need to edit checksetup.pl and a few templates and you're set.

    -Michael

ravi.shanker wrote:

> let me rephrase my question.  I want a field where I can enter
> estimated time. I don't want any processing on this. This I would like
> to enter when I am changing the bug_status to fixed.
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi
>
> ravi.shanker wrote:
>> I forgot to add that I am using Bugzilla 2.20 on Linux (Redhat) and
>> was sucessfull in other customizations except this one.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ravi
>>
>> ravi.shanker wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to have only one field - estimated_time field in my bugs list
>>> without enabling time group. I tried to change code in
>>> create.html.tmpl and edit.html.tmpl, but it is giving "undef error -
>>> invalid bug attribute estimated_time at Bugzilla/Bug.pm line 1108"
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ravi

Re: How to add estimated_time field

Michael Bellomo
Sure...here's the files I had to change:
checksetup.pl
template/en/bug/edit.html.tmpl
template/en/default/bug/show-multiple.html.tmpl
template/en/default/bug/create/create-guided.html.tmpl
template/en/default/bug/create/create.html.tmpl
template/en/default/global/field-descs.none.tmpl
template/en/default/search/form.html.tmpl
template/en/default/search/search-help.html.tmpl

The URL field is called "bug_file_loc" in the templates, so you just
change those.  You don't want to rename that variable, just the html text.

Hope this helps,
-Michael

ravi.shanker wrote:

> Thanks for response. I tried to do the same with estimated_time field.
> But I was getting error " undef error - invalid bug attribute
> estimated_time at Bugzilla/Bug.pm line 1108" I edited the following:
> 1) create.html.tmpl
> 2) edit.html.tmpl
> At the above I got stuck.  In case I go with your suggestion of URL,
> could you please let me know which templates I have to edit? For past
> 10 days I was drowned with installation and customization of bugzilla
> (1 day install and rest 9 days customization).
>

> Thanks,
> Ravi
>
> Michael Bellomo mailed the following on 1/17/2006 7:41 PM:
>
>> The easiest way would probably be to hijack another field for that
>> purpose.  For example, we wanted a customer field in our bugzilla, so we
>> just renamed the "URL" field since we don't need that one.  To do that,
>> you just need to edit checksetup.pl and a few templates and you're set.
>>
>>     -Michael
>>
>> ravi.shanker wrote:
>>
>>> let me rephrase my question.  I want a field where I can enter
>>> estimated time. I don't want any processing on this. This I would like
>>> to enter when I am changing the bug_status to fixed.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ravi

>>> .
>>>

> .

Re: How to add estimated_time field

ravi.shanker
What a relief! It worked. But what should I do so that the length of the
field is reduced and it will appear in bug list (MyBugs) or in mail
bugzilla sends ? This bit is really frustrating.

Thanks,
Ravi

Michael Bellomo wrote:

> Sure...here's the files I had to change:
> checksetup.pl
> template/en/bug/edit.html.tmpl
> template/en/default/bug/show-multiple.html.tmpl
> template/en/default/bug/create/create-guided.html.tmpl
> template/en/default/bug/create/create.html.tmpl
> template/en/default/global/field-descs.none.tmpl
> template/en/default/search/form.html.tmpl
> template/en/default/search/search-help.html.tmpl
>
> The URL field is called "bug_file_loc" in the templates, so you just
> change those.  You don't want to rename that variable, just the html text.
>
> Hope this helps,
> -Michael
>

> ravi.shanker wrote:
>
>>Thanks for response. I tried to do the same with estimated_time field.
>>But I was getting error " undef error - invalid bug attribute
>>estimated_time at Bugzilla/Bug.pm line 1108" I edited the following:
>>1) create.html.tmpl
>>2) edit.html.tmpl
>>At the above I got stuck.  In case I go with your suggestion of URL,
>>could you please let me know which templates I have to edit? For past
>>10 days I was drowned with installation and customization of bugzilla
>>(1 day install and rest 9 days customization).
>>

>>Thanks,
>>Ravi
>>
>>Michael Bellomo mailed the following on 1/17/2006 7:41 PM:
>>

>>>The easiest way would probably be to hijack another field for that
>>>purpose.  For example, we wanted a customer field in our bugzilla, so we
>>>just renamed the "URL" field since we don't need that one.  To do that,
>>>you just need to edit checksetup.pl and a few templates and you're set.
>>>
>>>    -Michael

>>.

Howto add (dynamic) fields [was: Re: How to add estimated_time field]

Hartog C. de Mik
On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 08:52:32PM +0530, ravi.shanker wrote:

> What a relief! It worked. But what should I do so that the length of the
> field is reduced and it will appear in bug list (MyBugs) or in mail
> bugzilla sends ? This bit is really frustrating.
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi
>
> Michael Bellomo wrote:
> <hartog/20060119; snip: a lot of info on changing a field>

In the light of this question, i'd like to ask another one. All of the
development work we do is aimed at internet applications for a broad
(often international) public.

Our clients like their applications to work on a multitude of
browser/platform combinations.

They experience the non-working of a certain dHTML feature as a bug,
and would like to report it as such.

It would be nice if we could have a dropdown list with 'browsers'.

As said, we serve an international crowd. Some applications tend to
get localized beyond the extent of just the language, without loosing
most of their initial design, so we would like to add a configurable
dropdown box, with languages, per product.

We are experienced perl-programmers, so we could lend a hand, but an
introduction into the API (such as documentation and such) would be
nice.

Grtz,
Hartog C. de Mik
--
E: [hidden email]             T: +31 6-52.60.25.66
W: http://webworks.hdcompany.nl   P: -- no gpg-key at the moment --

  'Heras' voor het betere hack-werk.

Re: How to add estimated_time field

Gervase Markham
ravi.shanker wrote:
> What a relief! It worked. But what should I do so that the length of the
> field is reduced and it will appear in bug list (MyBugs) or in mail
> bugzilla sends ? This bit is really frustrating.

This is defined in the templates somewhere; there's a table relating
fields to default lengths. Have a poke around.

Gerv

Re: Howto add (dynamic) fields [was: Re: How to add estimated_time field]

Gervase Markham
Hartog C. de Mik wrote:
> It would be nice if we could have a dropdown list with 'browsers'.

Why not instead get the bug filing page to automatically put the user
agent into the initial comment? See the guided entry form
(create-guided.html.tmpl) for a way to do this.

Gerv