How to Hide firefox (CTRL H does not work....)

How to Hide firefox (CTRL H does not work....)

Rasmus79
Hi all
I am a current Opera user, but have been convinced by my brother in law
to give Firefox a try.
One function I cannot do without is the Hide function, where the opera
program just becomes an icon in the lower right corner of the toolbar.
In opera I use "CTRL + H" to achieve this.
Is there a plugin that allows me to do the same in Firefox?
Anything else I can do to achieve the same effect?

Thanks for any tips you may have.

Rasmus

Re: How to Hide firefox (CTRL H does not work....)

CBFalconer
Rasmus79 wrote:

> Hi all I am a current Opera user, but have been convinced by my
> brother in law to give Firefox a try. One function I cannot do
> without is the Hide function, where the opera program just
> becomes an icon in the lower right corner of the toolbar. In
> opera I use "CTRL + H" to achieve this. Is there a plugin that
> allows me to do the same in Firefox? Anything else I can do to
> achieve the same effect?

Under windoze, try "ALT-space n".

  the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article.  Click on

Re: How to Hide firefox (CTRL H does not work....)

Jay Garcia
On 11.01.2006 19:23, Chuck F. wrote:

>> Hi all I am a current Opera user, but have been convinced by my
>> brother in law to give Firefox a try. One function I cannot do
>> without is the Hide function, where the opera program just
>> becomes an icon in the lower right corner of the toolbar. In
>> opera I use "CTRL + H" to achieve this. Is there a plugin that
>> allows me to do the same in Firefox? Anything else I can do to
>> achieve the same effect?
>
> Under windoze, try "ALT-space n".

All that does is minimize to taskbar, same as clicking the _ in the
upper right status bar.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: How to Hide firefox (CTRL H does not work....)

Holger Metzger

http://minimizetotray.mozdev.org/

--
Holger

Re: How to Hide firefox (CTRL H does not work....)

Rasmus79
Holger - this is perfect - just what I was looking for.
Only problem is that once I download the extension, I am not able to
install it in Firefox (I have never installed an extension before) I go
to tools and extensions, but I can only uninstall (And that is
inactive, because I dont have any extensions installed)
"Find Updates" And "Options" are also inactive buttons.
Any tips for a n00b?
Tnx

Re: How to Hide firefox (CTRL H does not work....)

Leonidas Jones
Rasmus79 wrote:
> Holger - this is perfect - just what I was looking for.
> Only problem is that once I download the extension, I am not able to
> install it in Firefox (I have never installed an extension before) I go
> to tools and extensions, but I can only uninstall (And that is
> inactive, because I dont have any extensions installed)
> "Find Updates" And "Options" are also inactive buttons.
> Any tips for a n00b?
> Tnx

File>>Open File.

Browse to the location of your downloaded xpi and slect it.  That will
start the install.

Alternatively, open the Extensions Manager window and drag the xpi on to it.

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org

Re: How to Hide firefox (CTRL H does not work....)

Rasmus79
That is absolutely fabolus!
Worked when I dragged it.
Thanks