How can you archive thunderbird mail folders

How can you archive thunderbird mail folders

Ian Graham
Is there a tool to archive Thunderbird mail folders into some
human-readable format? I would like to be able to do the following:

   * archive the mail for backup purposes
   * archive the mail so I can process it with standard
     unix / cygwin text processing tools

This mork thingy is really impossible to parse/understand ...

<personal-rant>
Whatever was wrong with mbox + some separate hash/index file?
</personal-rant>

Re: How can you archive thunderbird mail folders

Leonidas Jones
Ian Graham wrote:

> Is there a tool to archive Thunderbird mail folders into some
> human-readable format? I would like to be able to do the following:
>
>   * archive the mail for backup purposes
>   * archive the mail so I can process it with standard
>     unix / cygwin text processing tools
>
> This mork thingy is really impossible to parse/understand ...
>
> <personal-rant>
> Whatever was wrong with mbox + some separate hash/index file?
> </personal-rant>

Um, Thunderbird mail files are in mbox format.

Lee

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Ian Graham wrote:
>> Is there a tool to archive Thunderbird mail folders into some
>> human-readable format? I would like to be able to do the following:
>>
>>   * archive the mail for backup purposes
>>   * archive the mail so I can process it with standard
>>     unix / cygwin text processing tools
>
>> This mork thingy is really impossible to parse/understand ...
>>
>> <personal-rant>
>> Whatever was wrong with mbox + some separate hash/index file?
>> </personal-rant>
>
> Um, Thunderbird mail files are in mbox format.

Oops. My bad. I was looking at the *.msf files, and for some stupid
reason didn't look at the others ...

Ian Graham wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Ian Graham wrote:
>>> Is there a tool to archive Thunderbird mail folders into some
>>> human-readable format? I would like to be able to do the following:
>>>
>>>   * archive the mail for backup purposes
>>>   * archive the mail so I can process it with standard
>>>     unix / cygwin text processing tools
>>
>>> This mork thingy is really impossible to parse/understand ...
>>>
>>> <personal-rant>
>>> Whatever was wrong with mbox + some separate hash/index file?
>>> </personal-rant>
>>
>> Um, Thunderbird mail files are in mbox format.
>
> Oops. My bad. I was looking at the *.msf files, and for some stupid
> reason didn't look at the others ...

mail summary files, they just index the mbox files.

Lee