How can I get mozjs-45.0.2?

google
I understand that people.mozilla.org is gone. I would like to get this source distro (mozjs-45.0.2.tar.bz2), but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I understand that it is old and was created by sfink, but you have to have a process for getting releases out otherwise archive.mozilla.org would be empty.

This is very frustrating that this can not be found. I am still open to the fact that I didn't find the "right" rock to look under, so someone please call me a blind idiot as long as you point me to the "right" rock.

I noticed several other posts asking for different versions so I am not the only one having trouble finding different verson of mozjs.

NOTE: I am aware the full Firefox source can be downloaded, but I am having huge problems trying to build (libmozjs-45.so) on Solaris and get it to work. The JS_NewContext fails (after calling JS_Init, and JS_NewRuntime), but I am not sure my configure is actually working. If anyone has been successful building (for Spark 64-bit binary) please let me now what you did to get it to work. I can give you all the details you want btw.

Thanks,
SLDR
(Stephen L. De Rudder)

Re: How can I get mozjs-45.0.2?

Steve Fink-4
On 09/11/2017 04:34 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I understand that people.mozilla.org is gone. I would like to get this source distro (mozjs-45.0.2.tar.bz2), but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I understand that it is old and was created by sfink, but you have to have a process for getting releases out otherwise archive.mozilla.org would be empty.
>
> This is very frustrating that this can not be found. I am still open to the fact that I didn't find the "right" rock to look under, so someone please call me a blind idiot as long as you point me to the "right" rock.
>
> I noticed several other posts asking for different versions so I am not the only one having trouble finding different verson of mozjs.

Yes, sorry about that. It was indeed gone, and in fact I had to dig up a
copy from someone else. Fortunately, the checksums matched.

This is now available again at
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/spidermonkey/releases/45.0.2/mozjs-45.0.2.tar.bz2

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/spidermonkey/releases/ is now the canonical
location for the releases.