How can I create a Spidermonkey 1.7 JavaScript Shell stand-alone

How can I create a Spidermonkey 1.7 JavaScript Shell stand-alone

andoni.oc
I use an application for call routing which uses Spidermonkey 1.7 for JavaScript config. Testing even a small change in a script is a big deployment cycle and testing loop and difficult to back out if it doesn't work.

Question: Can I build from the C/CPP source a copy of the Spidermonkey JavaScript Shell 1.7 for use as a stand-alone application to test out my changes before making them in the environment?

Re: How can I create a Spidermonkey 1.7 JavaScript Shell stand-alone

andoni.oc
So, I joined the Spidermonkey IRC chat and asked the same question. I've been shown the two things I need:
1. The code:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/js/js-1.7.0.tar.gz
2. How to build old Mozilla code:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey/Build_Documentation#Building_SpiderMonkey_1.8_or_earlier

--

So I downloaded MS Visual Studio Community Ed. 2015 and installed and tried to open the project in the tar ball and it said it needed to do a one-way  update of the old project. I agreed and it said 'No can do' (effectively).
Now I'm downloading 2013 and uninstalling 2015 to see if that has more success.