How Extension Function can be created for Mozilla Processor

How Extension Function can be created for Mozilla Processor

shidhincr
Hi,,

Can anybody tell me how mozilla implements the extension functions for
its XSLT processor. presently we are not able to make new extension
functions and call it in the XSL files. But IE supports this by using
an addObject() method. I got some information that mozilla does not
support this methods.but in their firefox 3 they added some
functionality.

Can anyone tell me any altenate method for doing the same. i mean
calling an extension function ( or any function written in one .js
file ) in the XPATH of the XSL file.

Thanking You

Shidhin.C.R

Re: How Extension Function can be created for Mozilla Processor

Martin Honnen-3
[hidden email] wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how mozilla implements the extension functions for
> its XSLT processor. presently we are not able to make new extension
> functions and call it in the XSL files. But IE supports this by using
> an addObject() method. I got some information that mozilla does not
> support this methods.but in their firefox 3 they added some
> functionality.

http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/content/xslt/src/xslt/txEXSLTRegExFunctions.js
implements the regular expression EXSLT extensions. However as I pointed
out in comp.lang.javascript, I don't think any such mechanism is exposed
to stylesheet authors to implement their own extension functions for
stylesheets.

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/