Quantcast

Historical reports

volpi.c
Hi All,

New here, apologies if the answer is obvious but could not find any recent topic about this.

I've been using BugzillaMetrics for ages to generate all kind of reports about several code bases and products and you name it.
All broken with Bugzilla 5. Bugzillametrics seems dead which is not helping.

I'm now really struggling to find a way to create reports based on historical information. I could never find a way to get Bugzilla reporting to give me information about anything that has happened in the past. It seems to assume that I know today what I'll need in the future and thus I'm able to create a data set for any question I may eventually have.

I'm sure I'm missing something here because this is a tool used in several big companies and I can't imagine that anyone would be able to adopt it without being able to create a CFD or other bug stats.

Can anybody please point me in the best direction?

Cheers,
Carlo

Re: Historical reports

Gervase Markham
On 21/04/17 15:02, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> Old charts support regenerating of data, besides that, I'm pretty sure
> you are not missing anything, but that's simply how the new charts
> work. It's even documented everywhere I know of.

Being able to graph arbitrary slicings of historical data means you
basically need to be able to reconstruct the state of the database at
any particular time in the past, and do so efficiently. For better or
worse, Bugzilla is not designed to do that.

Gerv

Re: Historical reports

volpi.c
Thank you,

I get it: Bugzilla is not designed to look retrospectively at its DB.
It's a big missing feature but best to do fewer things well than too many poorly!

Then my question is: is anyone aware of any other product, maybe commercial, that allows to gather this kind of stats on Bugzilla?
I don't think it makes sense to go back to version 4 so now that bugzillametrics is not working I'm at real risk of having to migrate from Bugzilla. I can't see how we can have any improvement initiative without a way to see what happens to our bugs.

Kind regards,
Carlo