High Contrast Mode Eliminates Let-Pages-Specify-Their Own-Colors

High Contrast Mode Eliminates Let-Pages-Specify-Their Own-Colors

P-21
Which is a problem when one needs to see background images to use a site like Facebook in Firefox. I'd prefer HC mode override the page-style preference only at first so a trip to preferences, or an add-on like Color Toggle, can still allow pages to style when the user desires it. Toggling HC mode just for one site seems like a waste of time.

I'd prefer to use an HC theme, but Windows 7 Starter doesn't allow using an HC theme apart from HC mode.

Perhaps the larger issue of allowing critical background images, or a text substitute, to appear should be addressed instead. For example, submit and download 'buttons' are often invisible since designers use background images to make them big and pretty.