Here are a few good sites for calendar files

Here are a few good sites for calendar files

~~BaDHome
Here are a few good sites for calendar files.

http://icalshare.com/index.php?
topic=holidays&page=8

http://www.project24.info/holidays.php

The icalshare site has many ics downloads.

The second site lets you create the ics file.

Then just import into Sunbird.  Works great

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0551-6, 12/24/2005
Tested on: 12/26/2005 6:02:26 PM

Re: Here are a few good sites for calendar files

Rod Whiteley
~~BaDHome wrote:
> http://www.project24.info/holidays.php
> ...lets you create the ics file...

Project24 generates ICS files using data that it gathers from other
servers.  You cannot create your own ICS files there.  Instead, you
choose the data that you want Project24 to include.

I found Project24 difficult to use with Sunbird.  Some parts of the site
do not work well yet, and some parts are only in German.  But I like the
idea, and I'll give it a mention in Calendar Help.

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Here are a few good sites for calendar files

Jan Birk
I have made a ical server (for the time only in Danish :-()

But if you want to try it out; here is a small translation:

If you pick this ULR: http://kalender-server.dk/bruger.php

At the only form field ('Indtast ønske brugernavn') you choose your user
name and click ('Test brugernavn'). If your user name is available click
at ('Her for at gennemføre oprettelsen'.) You have to send you email
address and a password of you choice.

If the user name all ready has been taking you will get at danish error
and you will have to try again.

After 30-60 minutes you will receive a mail including:

1) The URL (the 1. one) you can cut&paste to Sunbird remote calendar
field. The password is the password that you choose earlier. This is the
URL to an empty ical calendar named your [USERNAME].ics

2) The second URL is the web-calendar. You still have to use your user
name and password to see the calendar.

For the time being the web-calendar is including danish holiday
calendar. Mail me if you what an other holiday calendar at this time.

There will be an English version soon.

The calendar hosting is free.

If you have any q mail me at jb + ringbindet . dk

/Jan