Quantcast

Help with something in Firefox

Danny2001k
Hello,

I am asking here so someone can at least point me in the right
direction.

I noticed the various addons create entries in the right click menu.

I would like to do a custom right click option. Something very simple:

When I right click a link to have a option like this:

"Open via personal proxy" and if I select it to open the link via
another link:

ex: I want to open a youtube video that is linked in the page
http://www.youtube.com/watch-1112221
and if I select the option from the right click to open the link:
http://myproxy.eu/blabla/browse.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch-1112221

Any ideas where can I start?

Danny

Re: Help with something in Firefox

Janet Swisher
On Oct 27, 5:48 am, Danny2001k <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am asking here so someone can at least point me in the right
> direction.
>
> I noticed the various addons create entries in the right click menu.
>
> I would like to do a custom right click option. Something very simple:
>
> When I right click a link to have a option like this:
>
> "Open via personal proxy" and if I select it to open the link via
> another link:
>
> ex: I want to open a youtube video that is linked in the pagehttp://www.youtube.com/watch-1112221
> and if I select the option from the right click to open the link:http://myproxy.eu/blabla/browse.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch-11...
>
> Any ideas where can I start?

Hi Danny,

You might want to take a look at the Greasemonkey add-on for Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

It lets you customize webpages with little bits of JavaScript.

Someone might have already written a script very similar to what you
want to do: http://userscripts.org/
You can learn to modify an existing script, or write a new one from
scratch:
http://wiki.greasespot.net/Main_Page

--Janet