Help with "collectstats.pl --regenerate"

Help with "collectstats.pl --regenerate"

Jeff Jensen
Hi,

I have been studying collecstats to try and understand what it does.  I have
difficulties as I have never done anything with Perl.  I can sort of follow
some things, but get lost on some things.

I need to correct data in the series_data table, and am hoping this script
will.  But I am thinking it does not.

I see the script recreates the mining files.  How are these mining files
used?

Is there some doc to read on what this script does?  I have not found such a
thing.

Re: Help with "collectstats.pl --regenerate"

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 08:00 -0500, Jeff Jensen wrote:
> I need to correct data in the series_data table, and am hoping this script
> will.  But I am thinking it does not.

        No. Unfortunately, there's no way to re-create Series data. It's time-
based, so the data it would need is actually no longer in existence, for
the most part.

> I see the script recreates the mining files.  How are these mining files
> used?

        They're used for Old Charts.

> Is there some doc to read on what this script does?  I have not found such a
> thing.

        No, there isn't any documentation that I know of (although that doesn't
mean that there aren't docs somewhere). We may have a bug filed to
document it.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Everything Solved: Experts at Bugzilla... and everything else, too.