Help with Local Folders Mail Account...?

Help with Local Folders Mail Account...?

Martin Rosenfeld
I use TB 10.0.12 for email with an account set up as Local Folders to
which all e-mail goes. I initially set it up when I installed TB, but
now I cannot find out how to edit the properties of this Local Folders
account. I want to change the Reply To address and find out why it has
forgotten a password. I think it is picking up emails for two user
accounts with my ISP because it asks for two passwords, only one of
which it remembers. When I go to Properties for the account I see that
it is a special account with no identities associated with it. Please
explain about this type of account and how I may modify it.

Martin Rosenfeld

Re: Help with Local Folders Mail Account...?

Dave Yeo-3
On 04/19/13 02:04 pm, Martin Rosenfeld wrote:
> I use TB 10.0.12 for email with an account set up as Local Folders to
> which all e-mail goes. I initially set it up when I installed TB, but
> now I cannot find out how to edit the properties of this Local Folders
> account. I want to change the Reply To address and find out why it has
> forgotten a password. I think it is picking up emails for two user
> accounts with my ISP because it asks for two passwords, only one of
> which it remembers. When I go to Properties for the account I see that
> it is a special account with no identities associated with it. Please
> explain about this type of account and how I may modify it.

You should be able to right click on Local Folders, choose settings and
get the Account Settings window. For me above the hi-lited Local Folders
their are my 2 email accounts with my email address at the top, eg
[hidden email] and below that Server Settings etc. Click on Server
Settings and change whatever you need.
Dave

Re: Help with Local Folders Mail Account...?

Dave Yeo-3
On 04/19/13 02:04 pm, Martin Rosenfeld wrote:
> Martin Rosenfeld

Hi Martin, I tried replying to the email you sent me and got,
"550 5.1.1 Not our Customer" from comcast
using the reply to address which is the same as you're using on the
newsgroup.
Dave

Re: Help with Local Folders Mail Account...?

Martin Rosenfeld
> Hi Martin, I tried replying to the email you sent me and got,
> "550 5.1.1 Not our Customer" from comcast
> using the reply to address which is the same as you're using on the
> newsgroup.
> Dave
Sorry,

I haven't used this group for so long that I forgot I had changed ISP.
My correct address is

<[hidden email]>

Martin

Re: Help with Local Folders Mail Account...?

Ray Davison
Martin Rosenfeld wrote:
> I use TB 10.0.12 for email with an account set up as Local Folders to
> which all e-mail goes.

> I think it is picking up emails for two user
> accounts with my ISP because it asks for two passwords,

You think it is picking up mail for two accounts?  Look at the account
the incoming mail is sent to and know for sure.

How many accounts do you actually use?  If you only receive mail to one
account I suppose having it go to "Local Folders" is OK.  If you have
more than one account, I suggest creating a repository for each account,
and give each a name that is meaningful to that account.  I would think
for most people, each mail account relates to a "different world" and it
is desirable to not have all the mail dumped into one bucket.  I have
nothing going to "Local Folders".

Ray