Help on Migration , moving data : Reformatted machine : Old mail directories backed up :

Help on Migration , moving data : Reformatted machine : Old mail directories backed up :

moz.20.victim123
Hi

I use win XP and Mozilla 1.7.13  (I've downloaded and installed this just now)

A few days ago, I had to reformat my machine + re install windows etc.
(AFTER safely copying Moz mail and bookmarks)

I had five different pop3 accounts i.e. 5 different profiles on my
earlier win XP machine . As far as I can see all important mail have
been backed up - so loss of mail or data is NOT an issue, just
migration is

I need to move the mail (from my old backups) to Mozilla 1.7.13 that I
have just now installed

any advise, pointers, tip are most welcome

As of now I have used JUST this NEWS CLIENT and browser and taken care
NOT to start mozilla mail

some other notes
-------------------------
1. As of now I do NOT wish to move out of Mozilla
2. As of now I cannot move out of win XP
3. Pl pardon the cross posts. 'am forced to do this, to seek an early reply

thanks in advance for your time and efforts
regards

Re: Help on Migration , moving data : Reformatted machine : Old mail directories backed up :

moz.20.victim123
Since my earlier post

I was told that one way of migrating is to

- create all profiles manually in the newly installed mozilla
- locate the old profile backups (having mail etc. - mainly mail)
- copy them on to new profile directories

I haven't yet done that hoping that an easier way exists

Thanks in advance
regards
Vinayak

On 4/23/06, [hidden email]
<+moz+victim123+f88ea17ae1.moz.20.victim123#[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I use win XP and Mozilla 1.7.13  (I've downloaded and installed this just now)
>
> A few days ago, I had to reformat my machine + re install windows etc.
> (AFTER safely copying Moz mail and bookmarks)
>
> I had five different pop3 accounts i.e. 5 different profiles on my
> earlier win XP machine . As far as I can see all important mail have
> been backed up - so loss of mail or data is NOT an issue, just
> migration is
>
> I need to move the mail (from my old backups) to Mozilla 1.7.13 that I
> have just now installed
>
> any advise, pointers, tip are most welcome
>
> As of now I have used JUST this NEWS CLIENT and browser and taken care
> NOT to start mozilla mail
>
> some other notes
> -------------------------
> 1. As of now I do NOT wish to move out of Mozilla
> 2. As of now I cannot move out of win XP
> 3. Pl pardon the cross posts. 'am forced to do this, to seek an early reply
>
> thanks in advance for your time and efforts
> regards

Re: Help on Migration , moving data : Reformatted machine : Old mail directories backed up :

gato2005_cl-2
You backup the entire specific S.O "aplication data/mozilla/profiles"?
Just only restore the entire folder with their subfolden that contain
the profiles.

The profile folder have to use path like
"aplication data/mozilla/profiles/profilename/cqwcsdrew.slt", where the
slt is the root path to the profile specific containin the files, chache
directory, etc.

If you compress by profile, restore all to the specific S.O "aplication
data/mozilla/profiles/nameprofile/sltfolderuncompressed" one by one
More easy no.

I think  the M1.7 have relative path for the profile