Help make Mozilla.com better for international Users

Re: Help make Mozilla.com better for international Users

Cédric Corazza
Hi,
Well, the proposed solution is IMHO useless : if I'm a non English
speaking people, "Choose language" doesn't mean anything to me. I would
proposed something like what is done on the gnu.org website, that is the
links which are seen at the bottom of the pages of this site (I hope
that this forum handles utf-8 ...) :
[ العربية | Català | 繁體中文 | Česky | Dansk  | English | Español |
Français | Galego | עברית | Bahasa Indonesia | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국
어 | Magyar | Македонски | Nederlands | Polski | Português | Română |
Русский | Српски | Türkçe ]
(http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.fr.html)
In short, to let people reading some "friendly" words. IMHO, again, this
should be seen at the top of the pages rather than the bottom.

My two cents or pennies or whatever ;-)

Re: Help make Mozilla.com better for international Users

Victory-8
Cédric Corazza wrote:

> Well, the proposed solution is IMHO useless : if I'm a non English
> speaking people, "Choose language" doesn't mean anything to me.

so? the page says:

'we would have index-en.html, index-de.html, and so on.'

so they prepare pages of each lang(only /index, firefox/index,
thunderbird/index though) so visitors will see their selected lang
version of the page.
i don't think 'index-[lang].html' form works though ;-)

> In short, to let people reading some "friendly" words. IMHO, again, this
> should be seen at the top of the pages rather than the bottom.

+1;

--
victory