Help find full time accessibility work for a dedicated former Mozilla grantee

Help find full time accessibility work for a dedicated former Mozilla grantee

Aaron Leventhal-3
Just a quick message to mention that Scott Haeger is looking for stable,
full time accessibility work. Scott has done excellent work via Mozilla
grants on Orca integration, including adding ARIA support.

However, there comes a time when the stability of full time employment
is desirable over living grant to grant. Scott has reached that point :)
We're sad to lose Scott's talents but on the other hand completely
understand.

Anyone looking for a reliable accessibility coder, now is your chance.
Scott needs to work from the Florida (he currently resides in Clearwater).

It's difficult to find good programmers with such deep accessibility
experience. Let's find a way to keep him in the industry.

Anyone who wants to throw in some compliments to help boost Scott's
chances and/or ego, please do! :)

Scott, please go ahead and post a link to your resume.

- Aaron

Re: Help find full time accessibility work for a dedicated former Mozilla grantee

David Bolter
I'm impressed enough that I've been trying to get him hired by my
group.  The working in Florida criteria is problematic unfortunately.

Scott rocks.

cheers,

Aaron Leventhal wrote:

> Just a quick message to mention that Scott Haeger is looking for stable,
> full time accessibility work. Scott has done excellent work via Mozilla
> grants on Orca integration, including adding ARIA support.
>
> However, there comes a time when the stability of full time employment
> is desirable over living grant to grant. Scott has reached that point :)
> We're sad to lose Scott's talents but on the other hand completely
> understand.
>
> Anyone looking for a reliable accessibility coder, now is your chance.
> Scott needs to work from the Florida (he currently resides in Clearwater).
>
> It's difficult to find good programmers with such deep accessibility
> experience. Let's find a way to keep him in the industry.
>
> Anyone who wants to throw in some compliments to help boost Scott's
> chances and/or ego, please do! :)
>
> Scott, please go ahead and post a link to your resume.
>
> - Aaron

Re: Help find full time accessibility work for a dedicated former Mozilla grantee

Steve Lee-3
What an accolade for Scott.

While I do not have so much direct experience of Scott's a11y work on
Orca he showed me some of his SVG work that shows a good depth of
knowledge of that Open Standard and web technologies in general.

He's also a great guy and patiently tried to explain American Football
to this ignorant Brit when we last met up. Thanks Scott.

Steve

On 03/04/2008, David Bolter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm impressed enough that I've been trying to get him hired by my
>  group.  The working in Florida criteria is problematic unfortunately.
>
>  Scott rocks.
>
>  cheers,

>  Aaron Leventhal wrote:
>  > Just a quick message to mention that Scott Haeger is looking for stable,
>  > full time accessibility work. Scott has done excellent work via Mozilla
>  > grants on Orca integration, including adding ARIA support.
>  >
>  > However, there comes a time when the stability of full time employment
>  > is desirable over living grant to grant. Scott has reached that point :)
>  > We're sad to lose Scott's talents but on the other hand completely
>  > understand.
>  >
>  > Anyone looking for a reliable accessibility coder, now is your chance.
>  > Scott needs to work from the Florida (he currently resides in Clearwater).
>  >
>  > It's difficult to find good programmers with such deep accessibility
>  > experience. Let's find a way to keep him in the industry.
>  >
>  > Anyone who wants to throw in some compliments to help boost Scott's
>  > chances and/or ego, please do! :)
>  >
>  > Scott, please go ahead and post a link to your resume.
>  >
>  > - Aaron
>  >
>  >

Steve Lee
--
Open Source Assistive Technology Software
web: fullmeasure.co.uk

RE: Help find full time accessibility work for a dedicated former Mozilla grantee

Pratik Patel-3
Hello,

Steve, Please do send along a link to your resume.  Or feel free to write to
me privately at [hidden email]

Pratik

Re: Help find full time accessibility work for a dedicated former Mozilla grantee

Willie Walker
I can definitely vouch for the work Scott did to bring emerging web
technology support into Orca.  It was a big challenge, especially since
the whole environment was a moving target the entire time.  Scott
persevered, however, and we have improvements to at least Mozilla,
Dojo, GTK+, and Orca as a result.

Will