Help Requested : Using Seamonkey mail client to read G mail

Help Requested : Using Seamonkey mail client to read G mail

moz.20.victim123
Hi

I wish to use Seamonkey mail client to read my G mail. Here are the rest of
the setting I need

1. Read only the headers including the size of the mail
2. Leave mail on the G Mail server - do NOT delete when HEADERS are
downloaded to SM
3. I shall forward / delete etc from web + gmail web interface

Other stats
------------------------
Win XP user
Have reasonable bandwidth (i.e.) NON dial up

What have I tried so far
--------------------------------------
- tried the pop settings given in google help pages on SM
- POP is enabled since last few *years *on my account in Gmail
- Still when I connect and try to download headers I get the first 300 or so
mail and then it stops

any help would be appreciated

TIA
Regards
maniams

Re: Help Requested : Using Seamonkey mail client to read G mail

Yaşar Arabacı
13-03-2011 14:10, [hidden email] yazmış:
> Hi
>
> I wish to use Seamonkey mail client to read my G mail. Here are the rest of
> the setting I need
>
> 1. Read only the headers including the size of the mail
> 2. Leave mail on the G Mail server - do NOT delete when HEADERS are
> downloaded to SM
> 3. I shall forward / delete etc from web + gmail web interface

I have a better suggestion for you. As far as I can see, you only want
to see the name the mail when it arrives and also want to know when a
new mail arrives. So I would add this Atom feed to my Firefox or
Thunderbird:

https://login_id_without_@...:login_passwd@.../mail/feed/atom

And you can modify it according to your needs, for example:

https://login_id_without_@...:login_passwd@.../mail/feed/atom/foobar

Will get only the messages labeled as foobar.

Have a nice day.