Help! Beta install trouble

Craig Schroeder-2
I installed the 1.5 beta and it simply won't start up.  After I
installed, I went back to the site and saw that it warned about
installing into a directory with a previous install.  The automated
installer must have picked the same directory as my 1.07 was in?
Anyone have an idea of how to progress?  Naturally, I've got tons of
stuff accumulated and archived in my previous install and I don't want
to lose access to it.

Craig Schroeder
craig nospam craigschroeder com

Re: Help! Beta install trouble

Holger Metzger
Craig Schroeder wrote:
> I installed the 1.5 beta and it simply won't start up.  After I
> installed, I went back to the site and saw that it warned about
> installing into a directory with a previous install.  The automated
> installer must have picked the same directory as my 1.07 was in?
> Anyone have an idea of how to progress?  Naturally, I've got tons of
> stuff accumulated and archived in my previous install and I don't want
> to lose access to it.

Best course of action is to uninstall 1.5, then reinstall 1.0.7. Your
profile data is stored in a different location and therefore safe and sound.

--
Holger

Re: Help! Beta install trouble

Craig Schroeder-2
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:35:02 +0200, Holger Metzger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Craig Schroeder wrote:
>> I installed the 1.5 beta and it simply won't start up.  After I
>> installed, I went back to the site and saw that it warned about
>> installing into a directory with a previous install.  The automated
>> installer must have picked the same directory as my 1.07 was in?
>> Anyone have an idea of how to progress?  Naturally, I've got tons of
>> stuff accumulated and archived in my previous install and I don't want
>> to lose access to it.
>
>Best course of action is to uninstall 1.5, then reinstall 1.0.7. Your
>profile data is stored in a different location and therefore safe and sound.

Thank you, Holger.  I used the uninstall program in the mozzilla sub
folder and it behaved just as you described.  I then reinstalled 1.0.7
and everything remained as I wished.  I thought I'd post this in case
others have the same issue.  Thanks again!