HTTPS segv with embeded mozilla

Barry Scott-2
I have embedded mozilla 1.7.12 in my kiosk app. I prevent mozilla from
popping up
dialogs by supplying my own prompt code.

But I get segv whenever a HTTPS URL is accessed. It dies in libnss3.so +
0x0x3723a on FC4.

Where do I start looking to get to the bottom of this problem?
Why does the mozilla build make all the .so with debug symbols except
the few that are
involved with https? How can I get libnss3.so and friends to build with
debug?

Barry

Re: HTTPS segv with embeded mozilla

walt-2
Barry Scott wrote:
[...]
> Why does the mozilla build make all the .so with debug symbols except
> the few that are
> involved with https? How can I get libnss3.so and friends to build with
> debug?

Are you building from CVS sources?  I include this line in my .mozconfig:
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O -march=athlon-xp -pipe -g"

That -g is passed to the compiler, and I do see debugging symbols
in libnss3.so.

walt wrote:

>Barry Scott wrote:
>[...]
>

>>Why does the mozilla build make all the .so with debug symbols except
>>the few that are
>>involved with https? How can I get libnss3.so and friends to build with
>>debug?
>>

>Are you building from CVS sources?

No, as I said I'm using 1.7.12.

> I include this line in my .mozconfig:
>ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O -march=athlon-xp -pipe -g"

Thanks for the tip. Are you saying that this only works with the CVS
version?
I'll try it out anyway and see.

Barry