HTTP Forbidden

Jack Sparrow
Hi Everyone,

I've configured Bugzilla for HTTPS. But, now I want to block HTTP at port 80 level and I need to get message from Apache server as Forbidden. How to configure? Please help me out.

If I remove "Listen 80" from Apache config file then, I'll get browser error but not the Apache error.

Thanks in advance

Re: HTTP Forbidden

Thorsten Schöning
Guten Tag santoshreddyspy,
am Dienstag, 27. November 2012 um 06:21 schrieben Sie:

> I've configured Bugzilla for HTTPS. But, now I want to block HTTP at port 80
> level and I need to get message from Apache server as Forbidden. How to
> configure? Please help me out.

Configure Bugzilla for http again and disallow access in the http
configuration for everyone using "deny from all" like Bugzilla itself
does in its .htaccess for some files or serve an error document
describing what you want from the users or whatever you like. There
are many possibilities, you should read through the httpd docs.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/

> If I remove "Listen 80" from Apache config file then, I'll get browser error
> but not the Apache error.

Simply because Apache doesn't processes requests on this port anymore.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:[hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

RE: HTTP Forbidden

MOKRANI Rachid-2

It's not a good idea to block HTTP at port 80.

You need to redirect access to bugzilla:80 to bugzilla:443 automaticaly.
See exemple below.

/etc/httpd/conf.d/XXXXXXXXXX.conf
#
NameVirtualHost XXXXXXXXXXXXXX:443
#
<VirtualHost XXXXXXXXXXXXXX:80>
        ServerName  XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        ServerAlias XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        RewriteEngine        on
        Redirect / https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/$1 [R=301,L]
</VirtualHost>
#
#
<VirtualHost XXXXXXXXXXXXXX:443>
        ServerName "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
        ServerAlias "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
# Certificat SSL
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCertificateFile /XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.key
DocumentRoot /XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/
    <Directory /XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/ >
        RewriteEngine        on
        RewriteBase /
        RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !XXXXXX$ [NC]
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/$1 [L,R=301]
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    Options +Indexes +ExecCGI
    DirectoryIndex index.cgi
    AllowOverride Limit FileInfo Indexes
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement ! Please consider the environment before printing !
Ce message et toutes ses pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse. IFP Energies nouvelles décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message. This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. IFP Energies nouvelles should not be liable for this message.