HTML vs XHTML support

Loretta Guarino Reid
For some roles, only an XHTML sample is listed in the supported roles table:

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Accessible_DHTML#Supported_roles

Is there any implication that the role is only supported in XHTML? We are
having trouble trying to duplicate the functionality in HTML, and wonder
whether this is just our problem coming up the learning curve, or a current
implementation restriction.

Loretta

Re: HTML vs XHTML support

Al Gilman
At 10:35 AM -0700 18 04 2007, Loretta Guarino Reid wrote:
>For some roles, only an XHTML sample is listed in the supported roles table:
>
>http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Accessible_DHTML#Supported_roles
>
>Is there any implication that the role is only supported in XHTML? We are
>having trouble trying to duplicate the functionality in HTML, and wonder
>whether this is just our problem coming up the learning curve, or a current
>implementation restriction.

* on the process (meta questions):

should we try to move this thread to XTECH?

Quote:

Techniques and examples of how to apply these technologies to create
rich internet applications are discussed on the wai-xtech mailing
list.  People who want to participate in this discussion should email
the PFWG Chair to request subscription.

Cite:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/#Roadmap

Aaron, are you trying to cover "what's implemented in enable.js" in
the Firefox implementation documents? If not, is anybody doing a
parallel job?

As the questions from Jon Gunderson illustrate, it would be REALLY
handy to have this laid out in parallel columns, but... (SMOP).

* on the product:

Loretta, bring examples.  HTML that you would think should work, to
see what is the reason it doesn't.

Welcome on XTECH in any case, although I don't know if Aaron would
prefer to see them here.

>Loretta

Re: HTML vs XHTML support

Victor Tsaran
Loretta,
I don't think so. I believe, the mapping is one to one. Which roles, for
example?
Regards,
Vic