HTML in addition to plain text in description area (tips to use cloud-based doc to emulate this while waiting for better)

HTML in addition to plain text in description area (tips to use cloud-based doc to emulate this while waiting for better)

STF-7
        Currently, only plain text is allowed in the description area which is
because of iCalendar standard.

        Is there any plan to use X-ALT-DESC in order to have format rich text?
Honestly, having formatted text (like in Outlook's calendar and task
events) is very helpful.  I use calendars a lot to organize things /
tasks.  I write a lot of things inside the descriptions, eg steps in a
task and at which steps I'm currently in, etc.

        Having formatted text helps a lot because I could spot the main point
in the whole description that I have written several weeks ago and that
I can't remember clearly.  Without format, I have to go through quite a
big part of the description to find back where I stopped.

        Of course, I could use my own markup language like /***/ but this
method has its own limits.  Sometimes, I would like to make some texts
red and some other blue, for example, to show the different degree of
importance in the description.  Without format, this is tough.

        As Thunderbird's "Compose email" dialog is able to let users edit plain
text as well as HTML text, if it's possible to reuse this component,
that would be great.

        Anyway, while waiting for this uncertain implementation in the future,
let me give a little hint to those like me:

* Create a document on some cloud-based file hosting service, eg Google
drive / Google doc
* Copy the URL of the doc
* In Event dialog, click "Attachments:" tab
* Paste the URL there

        This method is of course not perfect.  And actually quite cumbersome.
But that's the best I can think of at the moment.

Re: HTML in addition to plain text in description area (tips to use cloud-based doc to emulate this while waiting for better)

STF-7
On 2016.05.15 20:21, STF wrote:
> [deleted]
 >

>     Anyway, while waiting for this uncertain implementation in the
> future, let me give a little hint to those like me:
>
> * Create a document on some cloud-based file hosting service, eg Google
> drive / Google doc
> * Copy the URL of the doc
> * In Event dialog, click "Attachments:" tab
> * Paste the URL there
>
>     This method is of course not perfect.  And actually quite
> cumbersome. But that's the best I can think of at the moment.

Well, I take back what I wrote!

There's a bug in "Attachments".  After I close the event dialog,
attachments are lost!