Group/Product Administration. Hellllllllllp.

Group/Product Administration. Hellllllllllp.

mcarey1
Well, I've been trying for a day now to work out a complicated
group/product problem.  Here it is:

3 Group = Group 1, Group 2, Group 3

3 Products = Prod 1, Prod 2, Prod 3

- I want Group 1 to have access only to Prod 1.
- I want Group 2 to have access to only Prod 2.
- I want Group 3 to have access to all groups.

I almost get it except for Prod 2 is available to everyone when I don't
want Group 1 to see that product.  Any suggestions?  I tried making
Prod 2 mandatory for only Group 2 and Group 3 but then nobody has
access.  Does Group 2 have to be a part of Group 3 for this to work?
Very confused.

Thanks,
Mitch

Re: Group/Product Administration. Hellllllllllp.

Joel Peshkin
mcarey1 wrote:

> Well, I've been trying for a day now to work out a complicated
> group/product problem.  Here it is:
>
> 3 Group = Group 1, Group 2, Group 3
>
> 3 Products = Prod 1, Prod 2, Prod 3
>
> - I want Group 1 to have access only to Prod 1.
> - I want Group 2 to have access to only Prod 2.
> - I want Group 3 to have access to all groups.

I presume that you mean "I want Group 3 to have access to all products"

If you are using 2.18 or higher,
you set the group controls for Prod 1 to
    Group1: ENTRY, MANDATORY/MANDATORY
and you set the group controls for Prod 2 to
    Group2: ENTRY, MANDATORY/MANDATORY

Then, you visit editgroups for Group1 and set it to inherit the members
of group3 so that they also automatically become members of group1.  Do
the same to make members of group3 automatically be members of group2.

Re: Group/Product Administration. Hellllllllllp.

mcarey1
That worked perfectly.  I was worried that method would limit the
access for Group 3.  It looks like it inherits access from Group 1 and
2 but keeps its own access for Product 3.  Thanks for your help.

Mitch